Monday, January 13, 2014

"The 2nd Mile"

Jan 13, 2014
Your baby is 20. Read it and weep. The birthday went pretty well,
I got the package and I loved that tie! You're getting quite the eye for paisley's.
As you know Elder Holland didn't show.... But the meeting was still great
and I got to see Elder Keeler, Elder Corbridge, Elder Armatage, Elder
Stockdale, and Luke Van Skyhawk!! The man that talked was Elder Wright
from the 6th quorum of the 70. He said that he compared his taking
over for Elder Holland was like buying a ticket to the Beatles and
then having the Dixie Chix show up haha. He was a good sport and did
really well. He even showed a video clip from Elder Holland speaking about 
how the mission should change people's lives, and how you shouldn't go back
to what you were before your mission and that we need to be continually fortifying 
ourselves. Other than the meeting we just did good ol missionary work!

Found out that we get to go to the Gilbert Temple open house once, I'm stoked.

I was thinking of Grandma yesterday and I met some people in my ward that 
lived in Price that think they know her! Pretty neat.

On Tuesday we had Zone Training Meeting, which is basically District
Meeting but with the whole Zone. We focused on faith and repentance. I
gave a training called "The 2nd Mile" that Dan taught me about. I
basically talked about the times when The Lord withholds His blessings
for the first stretch of obedience, or the 1st mile, and then releases
them once we have struggled through that and we break through into the
2nd mile filled with blessings. Basically The Lord lets us prove
ourselves and we are blessed since we are more capable to endure.
It went pretty well.

Your lesson you taught in Gospel Doctrine, we did in another Zone training 
meeting about the council in heaven. We practiced making the decision to 
follow Christ and come to earth. We weren't sure how it was going to work 
out but we tried it and it went really well. As we did it, I was trying to convince
someone acting like they were on the fence that following Christ is what they 
needed to do. There was somebody trying to argue Satan's idea and I thought
about how much easier his idea sounded. He probably made it sound like 
everyone would automatically win. But God promised us all that we would hear of Christ.
We all have the chance to return to Him, He promised it! It really hit me.

We had interviews with Pres. On Wednesday and it went pretty well. I
love that man! I don't know if I told you but my favorite part of
being a Zone Leader thus far is getting to know him better. He is full
of a lot of wisdom and he is pretty darn funny too. We think he might
dye his hair but don't tell anyone that.

Lastly me and Elder C--- did this workout Friday morning...
Basically what you do is go all out for 20 seconds and rest for 10
seconds for 12 minutes straight. We alternated between push ups, pull
ups, crunches, and squats. It was rough. For our warm up we biked
about a mile to a members house and biked back after. Basically... I
literally threw up 6 times. And I almost passed out when we got home.
The room started spinning and then I fell back into the wall. Luckily
I was in the bathroom and proceeded to upchuck for a couple minutes
until I felt all better. But we are going back for some more tomorrow!
Haha, I even bought some protein today.

Well I love you a whole lot. I've been studying ACTS lately. I want to
read the whole New Testament since you and Dad are. I really have
been learning a lot about what it means to stand as a witness of
Christ. Peter is becoming my hero. So many people threatened him on so
many occasions but all he did was preach, preach, preach no matter
what. There was one time when they were before the Sanhedrin and they
got beaten... But! They talked about how blessed they were to be
counted worthy to be beaten for Christ's name. And it's true! We are
so blessed to get denied everyday. Obviously I don't want to be denied
but I feel so honored to be shamed in His name.

Well... That's about it! Hope you're not frozen yet. 

Love, Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment