Monday, December 1, 2014

God keeps His promises

Dec 1st, 2014
Good afternoon!

Thanksgiving was great! We started off the day with a good ol Turkey Bowl, the Pueblo Zone challenged the Toro Zone and it was great. Me and Elder Meng wrote up some plays and we did pretty good. I twisted my knee when I went to make a catch and had to sit out for awhile, there was a pop and my knee has been swollen a little but since I think I'm ok! I just don't have full mobility. I was also starting to feel sick but we made it to all of our dinners. We started with the Speakmans, the the Evans, then the Delaughters, then a power nap, and finished off with R---- and his family. R----- has talked with missionaries before and invited us over. He is Cuban and he wrapped the turkey in bacon, it was pretty awesome. We got to know them pretty good and we are going back this week to teach their kids about the Ten Commandments. :)

Everything in the area is going great. C---- passed his baptism interview and is set for this coming Saturday, J---- is still planning on the 13th, and M---- is going strong for the 20th they were all at church yesterday and you can really see them changing and understanding. That's one of my favorite parts of being a missionary, when you can really see when people get it.

As for transfers, we will be getting a third companion on Wednesday. His name is Elder Johnson, he has been out over a year so him and Elder Hoggan will keep going strong in the Ward as I quietly slip away on the 18th. I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know much about Elder Johnson, I've met him a few times but never got to know him. He's a good kid though. 

On Saturday we were able to attend the baptism of G----- and O------. It was incredible. The Spirit was seriously so strong and the fact that they were confirmed at the baptism as well made it even stronger. I believe I told you all about the time we met with them at the Visitors' Center and they set their first baptism date, well we really promised them there that the Gift of the Holy Ghost would change their lives. After receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost they both stood and shared their feelings. With tears in their eyes they tried to explain the joy they felt, something they said they had never felt before, I'm so grateful that I was able to see that promise we made fulfilled. God keeps His promises.

On Saturday night we also found a new family to teach. H---- and M-----. H---- talked to missionaries up in Payson when he was working and gave them his address, they referred him to us and we have been trying for the past month to contact him. We finally caught her home earlier this week and set up an appointment for Saturday. When we stopped by we taught them the Restoration, they are Catholic but very open. They accepted to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. As I said earlier, I started getting sick on Thursday and by Saturday my voice was just about gone. I tried my best to teach and testify but I sounded pretty ridiculous. Luckily the Spirit can still work his magic when you're a little hoarse. 

A----- is going in for a big surgery today and we were able to swing by last night and give her a blessing. Please please keep her in your prayers. She is an awesome little girl.

Now I will answer your trunky questions haha. I have started giving away some ties, not all but some. I will be bringing the last two suits I have here with me home as well as both of my long sleeve white shirts. I am going to leave most of my slacks because there are some Elders that could use them more than I can when I get home. I'm going to have plenty of room. I'm actually going to be living out of my suitcase the next couple weeks because with us getting a third companion I am giving him my closet space, cupboard space, bed, and desk. I will be sleeping on the floor which I'm pretty excited about haha.

I will have a departure dinner with President, probably the night before I leave. They usually don't have a departure dinner for those going home midtransfer or they would just have us go with the group going home tomorrow but since there are a larger number of us going home for school President decided to hold one for us. There is only one other Elder going home with me, Elder Spencer. We will be on the same flight. And then there are a few Sisters.

Loves.   

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment