Thursday, July 18, 2013

Transfers and Training. I'm getting a son!

July 15, 2013

Well, I did get transfer news this week, but I'll save that til the end! We had an incredible week one of our best weeks in a while, full of miracles and answers to my prayers around every stinkin corner. I needed this week, really did. We got back up to teaching 14 member present lessons, a long with 7 other ones. And we met with loads of Less Actives. It was amazing. I felt the Spirit so absolutely strong this week. I felt it guide me at times and we ended up finding 5 new investigators. A couple were former and the others were people we just met on the street! It was awesome. I'm feeling a little more up to typing today so I'll do the good ol day by day run down.

Monday-
Monday was good. We went bowling. A young man named Mason who is heading to Peru for his mission in September took us shopping. While we were walking around we got the great idea to go bowling!! So we did it. It was superb. Our lane neighbors were an incredibly awkward couple. And I bowled a 188 the first game! Fantastic. It was like 6 bucks for 3 games. Can't beat that. The rest of the day was pretty eh. Appointments fell through that night. But I still enjoyed it!

Tuesday-
We met with Debbie in the morning. She's doing awesome, we moved her baptism date to August 17th. Because she'll be in New York on August 10th. She's still trying to quit smoking but she can do it. While we were teaching (mind you it was about 11 in the morning) Debbie's grumpy son in law (not a member but his wife is (who is Debbie's daughter)) comes out. He makes us call him Mr. Durette. But his names S. Anyways. He comes out and we politely ask how he is, and he responds with, "I'd be better if I was sleeping." I thought it was a joke. So I laughed. He didn't. And he stated such. He's just grumpy. So we dusted our shoes and went on our way.

Wednesday-
Zone Training Meeting!!! It was great. We set goals, practiced. The whole shebang. And guess what I found out. The church has changed some of the mission rules. They have a new dress and grooming section, you can check it out on lds.org. And guess what! We can no longer have backpacks on our missions. So I have until August 5th to get a satchel/messenger bag/"murse". We're going to go today to check out burlington or good will and see if they have any cheap ones.So I got the hydration pack in the package, but unfortunately I can no longer use my backpack. But I'm thinking I'll put my hydration pack in my messenger bag. We'll see how it goes.

Thursday-
We met with Debbie again. she was really talkative. But she wanted to go to the Visitors Center so we went on Friday!!

Friday-
As stated above we went to the VC with Debbie in the morning. We watched "The Testaments", she cried. It was a hoot. Besides the fact that she had her two granddaughters with her and they were trying to sit on my lap for a good 15 minutes. It was the worst. We were able to teach a new family, Heida and Jennifer. They were very receptive it was a really spiritual lesson. They were super open and they are so excited to learn about the Plan of Salvation. Heida's husband/ Jennifer's dad passed away 5 years ago and when we mentioned that we had answers to the questions of the soul their eyes lit up. It was amazing.

Saturday-
Saturday was a great day. We went to do service for a former at 9. But it fell through. And then we went to teach Eric. Have I told you about Eric? Big. Black. And he loves his bible. Super nice guy but he thinks the Bible is perfect so it's tough. But we took Tyler with us. He recently returned from his mission in North Carolina. And he was amazing. I wasn't sure how to handle Eric because usually people are pretty receptive to us or just listen and then say thanks and never do anything. But Eric spits fire at us. It's crazy. But he read through 1 Nephi 14. Had tons of questions. And it was amazing to see his heart start to soften. It was slight but he still admitted that he feels like he's progressing. 

Then we went back to our house and did our weekly planning. We missed it Friday because we were busy all afternoon. After that we went and stopped by my buddy Sean that got baptized a couple months ago. We'd given him a chapter to read and his dad read it too which was awesome. But while we were there I got a call.
President Jenkins called me. He told me that he had something he wanted me to do for him. Of course I said ok, I'm not going to say no to President. Bittersweet news. I will be leaving Kimball Zone, and the comforts of the Thomsen home. I'm being transfered. Elder Salesulu will be staying here until he gets his Visa, but they're sending him 2 companions. So they'll be good to go when he leaves. As for me, I'm heading out to the Superstition Zone. Which is the Apache Junction area. I'm super stoked, I guess it's a whole new world out there. My favorite explanation I've heard of AJ is,m "Less teeth. More tattoos." I'm seriously so stoked. Out there I'm going to be whitewashing an area, which means that me and my companion will be new to the area. There were missionaries there before but we're giving it a fresh start. My companions last area was..... The MTC. I'm going to be training a brand new missionary, a little greenie, I'm getting a son! It's going to be so crazy. I'm going to need to be praying ALOT ALOT!  I'm super excited..And super nervous and overwhelmed. But definitely excited! Like I said it's bittersweet. Bitter because I love this area, love the people. I have a lot of people like family around here! But it's pretty sweet because I know I'm going to learn and grown so much. And I'm ready for the Lord to mold me some more.

President said something that really touched me. He said, "Elder Alexander, I know you haven't been out too terribly long but I want you to know that we have a lot of trust in you." That was an answer to my prayers. I was begging Heavenly Father for His trust, to know that I had it. And boom, there it is.
Sunday-
No one came to church. No idea why. They were supposed to but they just didn't haha. But it's ok, it happens. 

Well that's the week, highlights mostly. But I love you so much. I"m going to be fasting tomorrow so I will definitely keep you in my prayers tomorrow Dad. That's awesome you were able to get a Priesthood blessing, the Priesthood is such an incredible blessing. It truly is. I know it's real, it facilitates miracles when it is used worthily and with faith. I was able to participate in 2 blessings this week. Love it. I know that Heavenly Father knows each one of us. He really does and He really cares. So don't worry, just do all you can and I know it will work out. I'm grateful to be out here, it's such a blessing. I've really learned so much. From every person that I have talked to I have been able to learn something. I'm really grateful for that.I know that this work is moving forward and it's such a blessing to be out here right now. 
Tell Adam and Jen congrats. I expect a tie from.the wedding. Tell Lisa I say Hi, and Greg too if you get the chance! 

Til we speak again! (Pray for me on Wednesday.)

Love Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment