Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's such an incredible experience when you feel Heavenly Father work through you.

Nov 4, 2013
Hallo,

Another week another dollar. First lets talk about the work. Remember the days of Apache Junction? Where we were teaching all the time? People were popping up all over the place? Well, this week was on the opposite side of the scale. We were trying so hard, meeting with members, contacting referrals, doing everything we thought we should. We talked to J but he wasn't able to meet with us at all. We're going back on Friday, he's still interested but he's just busy. But we won't give in!!! Hoorah! We discovered on Saturday that our area has APARTMENTS. And I love apartments. Yesterday evening after dinner and a short meeting with the ward missionaries we headed over there on foot. At first we were contacting former investigators. And well... no one answered. Well one lady did but she couldn't hear us very well and ended up saying that she didn't like missionaries and closing the door... Next we met a man walking his dog. Here's roughly how it went:

Us: How are you doing tonight?

Man: Good.

Us: What's your dogs name?

Man: I don't know I just stole it.

Us: Why'd you do that?

Man: It was just sitting there.

Us: Ok... (Still not sure if he was kidding or not.) What's your name.

Man: "Harold." Why would I tell you my real name, I'm a thief.

The conversation continued basically the same. He offered to sell us pot, we declined. All of what he spoke was so crazy that it might just be true. Either way I was able to give him a Book of Mormon. He's not interested but he took it so hopefully someday something comes form it!

This week was by far the hardest week of my mission as far as teaching goes. When it came to Sunday night guess how many lessons we had taught to non members? A big ol whopping 0. Yep... Absolutely none. And I was so discouraged. It was 8 and we tried one last house before we started walking home (we decided to walk because our area is so small.) Anyways we went to contact a referral in the apartments at that point. His name is M and the Spanish Elders sent us his way. When we stopped by the door was open so we awkwardly walked up... M wasn't there. But C was! C is a nice lady that grew up on the Indian Reservation. She's an Apache Indian. She invited us in and we were able to teach her about the Restoration of the gospel. She took a Book of Mormon, said the closing prayer, and accepted a return appointment. MIRACLES!! Fasting pays off. Cha ching. It was amazing. Thank you for your prayers and fasting! The area isn't exploding yet but it will get there. 

Halloween was fun. Breaking news, guess what happened.... They gave us iPads..... Everyone in our mission now has their own iPad min. It's crazy!!! Basically the church is developing a program for us to use. We're transferring all of the information from our Area Books onto our iPads. That way when a missionary goes to a new area all you do is download the Area Book and it's all there. But here's the catch. We have to go back about 10 years and enter absolutely EVERYTHING that has been recorded in our area. It's going to take forever. But the Lord truly is hastening his work. We go down to the church everyday and get on our iPads. We're on facebook... It's crazy. The transition is discouraging but once this gets rolling it'll be amazing. We just got an email from the assistants as I wrote this very email and we can use our iPads to email... This is so weird haha. But hey, I know it's inspired. We have all the conference talks from here to Timbuktu on there. All the Ensigns, it's incredible. Pray for me, I don't know what I'm doing!!!

As for District Leader responsibilities I went on an exchange with Elder Bennett (Elder Ault's companion) this week and it was real good. He's the youngest missionary in the mission. He just turned 18 in July but he's a good kid. Him and Elder Ault are the exact same haha. Exchanges are fun.

The family sounds like it's booming!!! Holy wow. Tell all of them congratulations! Elyse and Dal better get goin...

I had the opportunity to confer the Priesthood on Nathan yesterday. It was so sweet, it's such an incredible experience when you feel Heavenly Father work through you. He truly recognizes our righteous desires and He wants to bless us. The power of the priesthood is real and it is on the earth!

Well Family I love you. I had the chance to bear testimony this week in both of our wards and it was great. I love this gospel and the Atonement. I love how simply the Spirit works and the subtle promptings it gives us. I know that the Spirit is going across the land and preparing people. Hearts are being changed. When we open our mouths to spread the gospel we are assisted by angelic messengers. They lift us up, they carry our testimonies.


Love, Elder Alexander





This is me at the ward Halloween Party. The suit I am wearing, Goodwill special. Notice my undignified tie that I got at 360 Thrift for 50 cents. Perfect for Halloween. Notice the man standing next to me. That is Billy, he is a convert. Last of all notice the iPad in my left hand.   Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment