Tuesday, November 19, 2013

There will be Mas Del Spiritu De JesuChristo en el mundo. ( More of the Spirit of Jesus Christ in the world)

Nov 18, 2013
We had some pretty good experiences this week. By way of update we
weren't able to meet with C... She canceled but we did talk to her
and she is super nice. She went to a weekend long party on the res
though so she missed church... But we'll get her! Unfortunately the
barbecue had to get moved so we're thinking about doing it mid
December so we'll see! But we have a Ward Christmas party on the 6th
of December that we are inviting everyone to!
 The area is still about the same. I'm super lost at what to do. We've visited formers
 and referrals and all sorts of things. Nothing. So we're just visiting members now. 
We pick a small portion and get all the addresses and go see them, talking
 to anyone on the streets which unfortunately isn't enough. 

A pretty good experience that I had this week is that Elder
T and me had the opportunity to participate in setting a missionary
apart. His name is A and he is headed to Utacha, New York. He has
been helping us out a lot since we got in the area and we became
pretty good friends! I've sent out quite a few missionaries out here
so I think I have a small taste of what you went through haha. But it
was a strong Spirit that filled the room when we set him apart. It's
amazing to feel the Spirit while participating in different
ordinances, I feel as if it is unique in each one.

It was an incredible experience to be able to teach Jen. This technology thing is so incredible.
 The fact that she is prepared right now. She really wants to know and I know she will,
 but not comfortable with meeting with missionaries and I just happen to be sent to one 
of the first missions rolling this out. The Lord works in very incredible ways.

I also got to Skype Jen. What? So crazy. Jayce is HUGE. And he
disturbed the lessons a little bit but I can forgive him for that. And
Jen said he thinks I'm taking him to Disney Land for Christmas... Poor
guy haha. It was funny... The first thing she said was,"your hair is so long!" 
And it is... So long. I look like a fool but I finally found a member that 
will be fixing that for me today! Phew...

As for Transfer News.......I will be staying here with Elder T  
for another transfer. So Lehi will be my Christmas area!! Woo. I'm
pretty stoked. I'm just praying we see plenty of Christmas miracles,
we know that there will be Mas Del Spiritu De JesuChristo en el mundo.
(More of the Spirit of Jesus Christ in the world.) That's my version
of Spanish. But unfortunately Elder Ault will be leaving me :( I'm
pretty bummed but it will be good for him, he's going to be a District
Leader! And guess what! He is going to serve in my first area! Crazy
crazy. I am excited for him but I will sure miss unleashing Riverton on
these streets.

I'm restarting the Book of Mormon with Jen, we plan on being to 2
Nephi by the end of this week. It has been a really good study. I'm
going through with all of the missionary lessons in mind and marking
scriptures according to which lesson they apply to, it has taught me a
lot.

Well. Pray for the angels that are working with the people in our
area! I know that they're softening the hearts we just aren't looking
in the right places so we can use all the prayers we can get! 
I love you!

Love Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad



Some chickens we encountered on a walk. Just doing chicken stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment