Friday, December 6, 2013

His path is so much easier than any other.

Nov 26, 2013
I'm still blown away by the fact that Jordan is home already.
Absolutely blown away. I'm glad Adam and Jen got to go! They're doing
so awesome. I'm really proud of them. Jen has some really awesome
questions about the Book of Mormon and I can tell she really wants
to understand.
As far as teaching goes.... J is still MIA. His house has been
dormant for a few weeks now. We have members keeping an eye on it for
us haha. As for C. She's super nice but super busy and either
really doesn't know her schedule or purposefully tells us to come by
every time she is working. Either way we haven't had the opportunity
to teach her lately.
This week, nearly everyday we helped Bro B build a shed. Bro B
is the most active less active member I've ever met. He is really
awesome, and has become probably our best friend in the area. The cool
thing is, and the reason we've gone over everyday, is that he has an
awesome relationship with his neighbors. Everybody loves him! So in
turn the more we hang out and help him the more people love us! And
now he is giving us ideas to become friends with his neighbors. It has
been awesome. He was supposed to come to church yesterday but he
bailed on us. But we'll get him soon! He has a really strong spiritual gift, 
he can find details in the scriptures that might slip by me. One is in
1 Nephi. In chapter 2 vs 16 Nephi describes himself as "extremely young" 
and then you go to chapter 4 vs 32 and he calls himself a man. Bro B
 had me study what made him a man. What I found is that for the first time Nephi
gained a testimony of the things his father had been teaching.
Immediately afterwards he was called on to fulfill a mission at the
Lord's cal. Through trial and tribulation Nephi became a man in a very
short time. It's really amazing to see what The Lord can do with his
servants. I know He is building us everyday in order to prepare us for
His "wise purposes".
I too am grateful for the gospel. I have recently come to understand a
lot more. It's incredible that as we build faith in Christ we
naturally repent. And God blesses us. His path is so much easier than
any other.
I love you!

Love, Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment