Friday, December 6, 2013

On a simple day in Bethlehem a child was born.

Dec 2, 2013
I had a pretty good week this week! For one I was swarmed with love
from back home and I have you to thank for that! I received my
Thanksgiving package on Wednesday and I just wanted to say how
thankful I am for the family I have been blessed with. Thank you for
the support and love that you show me! You make Thanksgiving easy on
me. :)
Speaking of Thanksgiving, mine went pretty goooood! I didn't over
indulge but I definitely had my fair share of turkey. We ate with one
family at 130 and another at 5. Along with a pancake breakfast! At 5
we ate with a recent convert Nathan and his family. It's been really good to see Nathan grow!
I love that kid so much. I got him to try all of his vegetables and stuff that his parents 
wanted him to eat and he despises haha. You would have though we were trying to kill him
 with the way he reacted. But he ended up having a good laugh and we're still friends.
 But it really is amazing how the Spirit feels on the mission. Everything truly is in a new light.
 I see it all differently and I'm so grateful!  We weren't allowed to stop by anyone unexpected 
so we got to enjoy our time with them. It was a major blessing! We also got to play 
football with all the missionaries in our Zone as well. Just so you know I haven't 
missed a step, MVP til I die.
Our investigator S passed away about a week ago. We have been
teaching her and her husband D since we got here. She has had
cancer for over a year and it really had hrs own. We've been going by
and Sharing messages of peace with them. The last time we went by she
asked us to tell her the story of Joseph and the Technicolor Dream
Coat, I give credit to the fact that I was surrounded by that musical
my whole life that I was able to fulfill her wish. D has never
really been interested and has despised organized religion most of his
life. But we're really good friends with him. And he asked us to speak
at S funeral. It was this past Saturday and they held it at our
church building, D and S are really good friends with the whole
Ward. There were a lot of nonmembers there. We were supposed to speak
about the Plan of Salvation, I started off and talked  about the pain
and sorrow we face in this life but the ultimate peace that comes from
the Savior. I focused it mainly in John 16:33, which has become one of
my favorite scriptures. The Savior promises us that we will have
trials. It's a definite. But He already overcame that and we are
promised to overcome it if we merely "come unto" Him. Elder T
talked about the Spirit World and the 3 Kingdoms to an audience of non
members, he rocked it.
I received my 12 days of Christmas package. I love you so much. I'm
spoiled. So far I have opened socks and pens, both of which I was in
dire need of. So thank you. I also set up my decorations. I will send
pictures. Me and Elder  are going to go in on a little tree
today we decided. But I love my personal one with all of my pictures!
On a very happy note. WE FOUND J. We were totally stumped one
night and had nothing to do when we stopped by a member and they
mentioned him. (God works through others.) So we darted overt here and
he was home!!! He was all over the place. Cali, Oklahoma, Louisiana,
Washington... You name it! And he's leaving again on the 4th but w're
going by tonight and we are so excited! Keep him in your prayers.
D came to church yesterday! He's so funny, he sat behind us in
church and kept writing me notes of his infinite wisdom. He had me
study D&C 10:43 this week where God mentions how His "wisdom" is
greater than the "cunning" of the Devil. What's the difference? Wisdom
is obtained through experience, which the Devil will never have! He
relies on his cunning in order to deceive but it's so awesome that we
can obtain wisdom and he can't. We can be so much stronger than him
because we are gaining experience. I don't know... It blew my mind.
Speaking of goats. Have they had any babies??? I was just thinking
about that, what's going on in the Alexander Animal Kingdom??                                                                       
I'm so excited to be serving The Lord during this fantastic Christmas season!!
The Spirit is already so much stronger and I feel that The Lord is going to be there 
to help us as we are testifying to others. This morning I took my personal study to
prepare myself to share the Christmas message in such a way as to spark interest 
in the restoration of the gospel. I of course read the story from Luke chapter 2 and
was lead to other places in both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Probably my favorite
thing I found and realized and think I might use a lot is in Alma 37:6-7. On a simple day
in Bethlehem a child was born, on a simple day in Palmyra a young boy prayed.
Two extremely simple acts that both led to incredible things. Because of those small and
simple means we can all obtain salvation! Amazing. I'm so excited for the Spirit of Christ
 to be let loose! 

Love, Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad



Merry Christmas to everyone. Let's all remember what Christmas is truly about.




Just finishing up decorating the Tree for our Ward Christmas Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment