Monday, December 30, 2013

Transfers, I'm sad that I'm moving from Lehi Stake.

 Dec 30, 2013
 It was so great to see you all on Christmas! It was really great to talk and hear how everyone is doing. I loved how it really felt just like it used to. A little different of course but family is family and I cherish that! Thank you for caring so much about me. You are all looking pretty good too, I'm glad I got my haircut right before or else you would have seen a rather rebellious looking Elder. Thank you for all of the presents! You really spoiled me haha. You did great with the ties, and I also got a nice paisley from the T. The pajamas and sweaters fit great. And I put the jump rope to use, my legs are dead. Like I've been limping for three days dead haha. I really appreciate them.

The rest of the day was great. We went back to the apartment for a little while and then we got to go see N.. and his family. We played games and ate dinner. It was really nice. But the best part was when we gave N.. his present. I gave him my scripture case that I came out with, that little black one, because he got scriptures when he was baptized. We also each gave him two ties and got him some marking pencils. That scripture case is pretty beat up but it was so cool to see his reaction. He exclaimed, "BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!" And his parents were really grateful. They were like, "This was a real life missionaries case!" It didn't even matter how beat up it was. It was super awesome and one of my favorite parts of Christmas day. 

This week was pretty slow but it was good. On Monday we got together as a Zone and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" like I said, that was fun. There are a lot of wealthy Mormons near us so we were treated with a huge home theater and unlimited snacks and drinks. We are seriously so spoiled here haha. That night we went over to D's house and picked oranges. It was super fun, he's so funny. After we picked the oranges we made some fresh juice with a juicer that he has. As we juiced them we got to talk to him about the Gilbert Temple open house. The mission trained us on how to simply teach people about the temple and it's importance. As we taught about baptisms for the dead he asked us, "Should we get that done for Sue?" It was awesome. After we taught him about it he made us go to his next door neighbors, the Th (members) and set up the date that they will be taking him to the open house. So awesome.

Christmas Eve was really slow. In the morning we helped a non member named R move some metal. He's an artist and we've been helping him a lot. He has softened to us a ton. That's probably the biggest thing that this area has taught me. Serving is a great way to testify. People feel the Spirit of Christ when you serve them, I know it. On Saturday this past week we were in our service clothes from 8 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon doing 3 different service projects. I love it! And what better way to spend Christmas Eve?? We spent all night with the N, they're super awesome.

On Thursday we had our last District Meeting this transfer. It was good though, I'm going to miss this District but I'm excited for some change. After District Meeting we went to lunch and the Sisters bought us all Subway!!! It was really cool.

Well... On Saturday we got transfer news. And, as expected, I will be leaving Lehi. Elder T.. is staying and he will be getting Elder G... Who was actually just companions with Elder B...!! Haha. He's an awesome Elder and I know that he was called to be with Elder T... for a reason. They'll do great. As for me... I'm headed to the Toro Zone to be a Zone Leader with Elder C.... I'm a little nervous but I'm actually super excited. I will finally be in a car (I took my driving test today and passed.  Driving for the first time after a year wasn't as bad as I thought. I will be the designated driver.)  I get to be junior companion!!  Elder C... goes home in 3 months so I will most likely be his last companion. In missionary terms, I will probably kill him. I'm taking over for Elder K.. who just became the AP.

Another fun fact. The Elder that just got released as AP, Elder A, is going to be in my Zone! As my District Leader. I'm really excited for that because he will be able to teach me a lot. He's an awesome missionary. And he's from New Zealand so that's pretty cool.

I'll be needing your prayers!! A lot. I'm sad that I'm moving from the Lehi Stake. We didn't have a ton of work but I sure learned a lot here. I went and told D about it on Saturday and he told me that I succeeded. He just got called as a Ward Missionary, nailed it. And we stopped by the Th's, they told me some really nice things too. I'll always remember my days in Lehi.

Love you lots. Have a happy New Year!! 
District
A member sent to us Christmas Day.

I had just barely cut my hair.

 Loved seeing my Famiiiily!


Some things never change!


No comments:

Post a Comment