Tuesday, November 5, 2013

God knows what we need, even when we expect something different.

Oct 28, 2013
Another week passed us by. And this one was tough.. The new area is proving more challenging than expected. Sometimes I think we have too many members haha. But I know that's not the case, I'm really grateful for them all. We were able to teach J again this week and it went pretty well. The Elder's Quorum President came with us and we taught the whole message of the Restoration. He told us he's a man of science... But that's ok!! As long as he learns to overcome the natural man and yield to the enticing of the Spirit. He did say that if he gets an answer from the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true that he will get baptized so I'm praying for him!!

We have another couple that we're teaching. D and S. They've been investigating for years... But S is about to pass from this mortal life. She has cancer and she isn't doing good at all. Her husband D is not at peace with that at all, he's never really been interested in joining the church but I feel like this experience is changing him. It's going to take time and I think he might be bitter towards God for quite some time but we continue to invite the Spirit into their home the best we can.

Elder Tueller is doing fantastic. I went on my exchange with Elder Ault this week and it was a hoot. He taught me a lot too. We were able to teach a few lessons to some Recent Converts and the Spirit was really strong, he's a great missionary. It was also fun to tell people that we went to high school together haha, they got a kick out of that. 

Not a lot happened this week... It was a pretty tough one just because it's really testing my patience. To go from teaching 4 or 5 lessons a day to less than that for the whole week has hit my ego pretty hard. But when I realize that it's not my work but His my spirits are raised. As long as I'm doing absolutely everything I can He will make up the rest. I'm so excited for fast Sunday!!! Fasting has always been hard for me. But I feel like that's what it's supposed to be. When we obtain a blessing from Our Father it requires something of our soul, it requires sacrifice. Quite honestly this area has been a total answer to my prayers. Out in AJ there were times that I felt I was too focused on the numbers, that I was losing focus on the people. But out here there aren't as many numbers to focus on haha. But I'm grateful for it. God knows what we need, even when we expect something different.
Facebook is going pretty good. Sometimes I get a little lost haha but I feel like it is definitely inspired. The work is moving forward leaps and bounds and I know that the Lord is behind it.

I know that this church is true. The strength it gives me is incredible, and I'm grateful for it.I love the Book of Mormon, I plan on finishing it this week. It's so true. The Book of Ether amazes me. It is spitting image of what is happening. And it's amazing to see that the Nephites had that record but we still see their fate. It's so true that people have a hard time learning. But God is so merciful. He never gives up. 

Oooo, I know Christmas is forever away. (Not really. Is it really almost November??) But I have a request. Before Christmas Eve I need you to send me Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Please and Thank you. :)

I love you!! 
Love, Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment