Monday, October 21, 2013

We have the road map to success, we just need to start walking!

Oct 21, 2013
Howdy,
Well. Another week come and gone, and it was pretty great. I'm loving the new area and the different opportunities and opportunities it has already brought me. I'll have you know that we had our first housing inspection this week and we passed so I believe that I am cleaning up quite nicely. You raised me well! It's kind of like with training... Something I have learned and that President taught us is that a lot of the time we won't immediately see the fruit of our labors in training (or raising children). For example Elder Bartlett is doing awesome. He learned things that I didn't even know I was teaching and it took my absence for him to apply them. So rest assured my dear mother :)

Well Bill and Nathan were baptized. It was awesome. The mission has a new kick with doing the PMG layout for the baptism, which doesn't include the welcome to the ward by the mission. We applied it, and it worked!! It was incredible. The Spirit was so strong. Did I tell you what happened to Bill? Well, Bill met Trish. Trish was a member and introduced him to the church. They were super in love and got married. 10 days later Trish suddenly passed away. He bore his testimony of the Plan of Salvation at the baptism and it was super powerful. My good friend Nathan was really shy so he just got up and told everybody he's reading the Book of Mormon. Haha he's great.

We saw another miracle this week, and it really proved to me the power of our wards. Our wards are so powerful and well knitted together, I love them a lot. The members have already strengthened my testimony of the gospel! There is a new family that moved in. These people really keep track of the neighborhood, which is pretty easy with the amount of members in such a small area. Anyways last Thursday we went and introduced ourselves to Julius and Mel with Bishop. They were very friendly. We went back this past Wednesday and Julius was very welcoming and asked us to come back Friday. We did. When we went back he was trimming some trees so we taught the first lesson over some yard work, he accepted the Book of Mormon. BUT it ends up our Bishop owns a tree trimming business. SO our Ward Mission Leader (who was with us for the lesson) asked him if we could bring the young men by sometime and help him clean up the yard. (The yard's pretty big.) Julius agreed to eat. The next morning just around a fourth of the ward was going to work on Julius' yard. IT WAS AMAZING!! And I could really tell that Julius felt the Spirit, it was a great example of service for me. 

But it doesn't stop there!! Julius and Mel came to church yesterday!!! The ward has been incredible, it's awesome because this is the first solid investigator this ward has had for some time. They've rallied and it's made our job so much easier. We're going over to see Julius tomorrow so keep him in your prayers! 

I am so excited for the opportunity to communicate with Jen and many others over facebook. It was a huge blessing to hear her testimony of God is already growing and bubbling inside of her. It's such a good experience! It truly shows how the Lord is Hastening His Work and He has given us everything on this Earth to fulfill His purposes!  To answer your question about facebook, I do the same thing on there that I do the rest of the time. Invite everyone to come unto Christ. But now my reach is a little bit longer. I still have all the friends from back home but I don't just catch up with them. I continue to focus on my assigned area but now I can reach out to everyone I know. Keep contact with Recent Converts and everything, it's pretty great! As long is it's fulfilling my purpose I can do it.

I talked about you my parents in my gospel principles class yesterday. We were talking about parents and their role. I talked about the balance that you have and the unified method of raising me. Thank you!! I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up <3

I love you so much!! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and the simplicity it brings to our lives. There is a lot going on but we have the road map to success. The path back to Our Father in Heaven is right before us, we just need to start walking!! I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God as is Thomas S. Monson. Most importantly I know that Christ is Our Savior. He loves us and cares about us. Our righteous desires matter to Him. 

Con Amor,

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment