Friday, October 11, 2013

"He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies those He calls." Being transferred and training another baby.

Oct 7, 2013
Well. The news is in, President doesn't want me getting too comfy so he's shipping me off again. So my days in Apache Junction are numbered. I haven't been transferred yet but I will be heading out on Wednesday. President wants me to go and train another baby, I'm just popping out sons left and right. We'll be whitewashing again but this time I'm going to be a District Leader as well. I'm pretty excited, and not nearly as nervous as I was last time haha. So basically anxious for it.  I'll definitely be needing a lot of prayers so bring em on! The Lord definitely prepares us for his work. "He doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies those he calls."  I'm headed out to the Heritage Zone which is over by the temple more and I'll be in the Lehi Stake I'm pretty sure.

Conference was great. For Priesthood Session we went with Herman and then he took us out to Village Inn afterwards. It was great! He really loves President Uchtdorf, as I knew he would. Then we watched both of the Sunday Sessions at Brother Gillespies house. Herman came to the morning session, but he left due to a headache. Right before President Monson's Talk. The very talk that was written exactly for him!! Ridiculous. But we got him a copy and we're going to talk about it tonight. 

Herman probably won't be getting baptized in AZ unfortunately. He knows the Book of Mormon is true but he still needs to learn to trust God again. We could baptized him. Elder Bartlett and I have agreed that it would be better to let him get established in Florida first. We have the number for his bishop there and we're going to make sure the ward is aware he is coming. I'm also going to continue to email him and make sure that he's going strong. He's an incredible man.

I realized last week that in my exhausted state I in fact forgot to tell you about William's baptism! Yes, he was baptized. I had the wonderful privilege of baptizing him. When he walked into the font he hoisted both arms in the air and yelled, "YEAH!!" He was so excited to make a covenant with the Lord! We should all be that excited!! The Spirit was so strong, William asked me if we could do it again before he changed haha. From the mouth of babes. Gotta love it.

I'm so excited for this new adventure coming towards me. I'm grateful that the Lord takes the time to look over my path and direct it. I know that He has an ultimate plan for me and I just hope I can make it a little bit easier for him!!!

Love you lots!

Love, Elder Alexander



Bautismo De William.








No comments:

Post a Comment