Monday, October 21, 2013

The field is white and there is more than one way to thrust a sickle.

Oct 14, 2013

So I guess I'll answer your questions first.
Address: I believe it's 2039 N Horne. Guess what. We live in a house. Not in a house with a member but we have our very own house. Can you believe it?? It's pretty sweet, my new area is all farm like so we live on a members property in our own house.
Companion: My companion is good ol Elder Tueller (Tooler). He just graduated from High School, and he's a really good kid.
Transfer: Packing proved to be quite the feat. But I guess that is expected when you obtain a new pair of shoes, 2 new suits, and about 30 ties from the last time you packed... :/

Herman: Herman moved back to Florida this past Saturday. We had a great farewell, I'll include a picture for you. I should be sending him an email next week. (I forgot it at the apartment today, but I'll get it soon.) He told me that he was grateful for me, and he told me that he wished that he had a son like me. That was awesome. He still has a lot of questions but I know if we continue to pray for him he will be baptized soon.

My new area is in the Lehi Stake. We cover the Monument and Lehi 1st Wards. I came from the land of less teeth and more tattoos...... To the land of less sneakers and more cowboy boots? Less gasoline and more hay? It's pretty country. It's so country that behind the church building (which is about a 3 minute walk from our house and is super old) there is a rodeo pit/arena/thing. Haha I love it. TONS of members. I think there are more than my first area even. Everyone has lived here forever and they basically know all there neighbors. We live up on McKellips and Horne. We live in the Norther Western corner of the mission. Just north of us is the Reservation which is in the Scottsdale Mission. I'm the closest to the temple and the mission office that I have ever been. It's about a 20 minute bike ride to both. Which is really nice, we're at the Family History Center across from the temple emailing right now.

loved conference so much. I can't wait to get all of them in the Ensign, I wish I didn't have to wait!!! Oh well though. I believe there is a reason that faith, patience, and the principle of enduring stood out to me in Conference. Out in AJ me and Elder Bartlett got to the point where we were teaching just under 30 lessons a week and finding multiple people each week. Now in this area a good week is to teach 5 lessons and to find a couple a people a month. But I'm so excited!! The members are great. What we're going to do is go in and let Elder Tueller practice teaching them the lessons. Just so they know that we're there to teach. We want to get to know them but our major role is to teach. 

We have 2 investigators. Bill and Nathan. Nathan is 13 and his parents are members. Just moved in from Georgia, his step father is a member and just got active and his mother is a Recent Convert of about a year. About half an hour into the area. Elder Tueller got to set a baptism date with him. Bill married a members sister. And she passed away about 10 days later. But him and Nathan are going to get baptized on October 19th!! We're so excited and we're really hoping that it will get the members going. Because after that we're going to be investigator less so we'll need some help!

I"m so excited for this new opportunity! The new area rules. Super different, but super exciting. I love the gospel and I love how it touches peoples lives. Even though our area is small and packed with members, I know that there are people that are prepared. That are ready to accept the gospel. Thank you for your prayers and everything. The weather is great down here. Seriously perfect.
 Fun Facts:
I just saw two sisters from each of my first two areas. Sister Ortiz and Sister Gillespie, so that's fun.
Elder Ault is in fact in my district!!! I'm going to be on an exchange with him tomorrow, letting the Riverton loose the Mesa. I'm excited. I'm also going to be doing my first baptism interview tomorrow so pray for me! And first district meeting so I could use a lot of prayers.

Also sometime this week I will be taking over my facebook. Yep, they just released it in the mission so I'll be on there for an hour a day. You can stay friends with me and I can stay friends with everyone.  As far as communication on facebook, if by chance I get to talk to someone back home and start teaching them on facebook I could send you a message on there for help in following up or getting them to church or something. Other than that our communication about packages and how things are going and all that will take place over email on P Day. 
Thank you for the scripture box, it's going great. I have close to 10 scriptures down pretty good. It's great. I really appreciate it. 
I'm grateful to be here, this mission is incredible. I love it to death. The Lord is hastening his work. The field is white and there is more than one way to thrust a sickle. Have a good week! Love you.

Love, Elder Alexander





Our humble abode.






This is a little place made to break horses. It resides right behind our home. There has been a horse out there lately that I befriended. Until the picture I included of him. I didn't realize that he was pooping and it really damaged our relationship...






Farewell Herman.

No comments:

Post a Comment