Friday, October 11, 2013

3 Nephi 11:3

Sept 30, 2013
Just another week in Paradise. We had a couple pretty good adventures. And I think that you would be proud to know that today I climbed a mountain. Just east of AJ there are the Superstition Mountains. They're actually mountains, no where near the Rocky's but they can hold their own. There's one peak that is called "Flat Iron" because it looks like the Flat Iron Building in New York. We climbed it. Our good friend Tate (who leaves for Peru on his mission in like a week and a half) took us, pictures soon to come. We left at about 7 am and got back at 1 pm.  I wore my nikes and now my feet are very tender, but I'll get over it. 

Well on the Spiritual side of things... We had a pretty decent week. It was a little humbling because we set some very high goals. Well, we didn't quite accomplish them. It was unfortunate but I think it taught me once again to stop relying on myself and rely on Him. He keeps having to teach me that, I'm just stubborn I guess.

Herman. I'm going to start from last Saturday (when I told him about John's testimony) and take you day by day. On Saturday the Spirit was very strong and we left Herman with the commitment to start from 3 Nephi 11 and just keep reading. On Sunday he didn't show up for church. When I called him he was on his motorcycle and told us to come by later that night. When we stopped by he wasn't there... But I talked to him on the phone. He said he'd received an answer and his answer was, "You already have the answer." Clear as day, he said. And he was pretty frustrated. When we went by on Monday night we talked about it more (He still hadn't read the commitment we left him yet). When I asked him about his experience he said, "Well, I guess you could say I heard a silent voice speak out loud." Right when he said that I knew what to do. I asked him to turn to 3 Nephi 11:3. After we read it he broke down in tears and said that that is the exact voice that he heard. But when we left that night he was still confused... On Wednesday we stopped by and it was amazing to see how the Spirit had continued to work with him. He'd put it all together. He did already have the answer. He just hadn't read it. He turned to me and said, "I want to do this. Before I go back to Florida." So Herman will be getting baptized on October 12th! The Spirit can truly work miracles.

Exciting things are going on in the mission. We're going to be on Facebook coming up in the next couple weeks. October 9th is transfers so I will find out what's going on this Saturday. Have I told you how excited I am for General Conference? We're so lucky. We get to hear the Prophet speak! Like 5 times in 2 days. Amazing.

Tell the fam I love them! They sound like they're doing so awesome. Give Jayce a big ol hug for me.  That's pretty sweet about Christian. He seems like the kind of man you'd want on a pirate tracking team. 

Love you! 

Love Elder Alexander


                                   

To the peak!

Taking a break



We saw two of these dang things.

No comments:

Post a Comment