Friday, October 11, 2013

Spiritual Confirmation

Sept 16, 2013
Once upon a time Apache Junction was explained to me as this, "Less teeth, more tattoos." That statement has proved itself true on many occasions and especially today. I am a regular old Apache Junction-ite. The only thing I am missing now is the tattoo, because this morning Chelsie Taylor's uncle ripped out my tooth.
There you have it. He took it, he came out in broad daylight and ripped out my tooth, and I'm not kidding. I went to the dentist this morning, and it ends up that my dentist was a friend of mine's (Chelsie Taylor) uncle and we're pretty sure that his son trained Riley Hansen in the Philippines. It was all a blur but I'm really appreciative. I just don't have a tooth.

Well on another note I heard from Grandpa Ron today, which was a treat, and he said that Colorado is in a pretty rough state. We're safe down here, we only had a sprinkle on Monday this week and that's about it. 

We were able to teach a lot of people this week, which was awesome. Herman is doing so great. He missed church yesterday...... Because he climbed a mountain to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I was alright with that. Bishop Duke and I gave him a blessing of comfort last night to help him feel peace in his mind. Tomorrow we are going with him to the Visitors' Center to watch a movie about Thomas S. Monson called, On the Lord's Errand.

Have I told you about William? Well William is Jessica's son. She got baptized when we first arrived and now he's getting baptized!! On September 28th, I'm really excited. He's 10 years old, and he's a really smart kid. Like he really gets it. I don't feel like I got it til about 9 months ago haha. But here's a funny story. We were teaching him about the Law of Chastity and I wasn't too sure how to teach him ya know? So I sat there.... And I decided to ask Jessica if she remembered what the Law of Chastity is. At first she didn't hear me because she was on her phone and there was a long pause.... So I asked her again. This time she heard me. And she yelled (she's a sweet spirit) "William don't have sex before you're married!" And that was that. 

We have a really awesome family that we are teaching. Kelly, Glynda, and Jordan. They're black and they're sassy as can be. It's the best. We took them to watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration and Kelly (Mom) was sooooooo excited. She thinks that Joseph Smith is a Prophet already! Glynda (17 yr old daughter) still wants to pray about the Book of Mormon before she decides, but she gets it! I'm really excited for them. We're taking them on  a church tour tonight so I'll keep you updated.
We had a good week. Really good. We were definitely blessed, and I appreciate your testimony. As it says in Romans 10:17 my faith is strengthened by hearing your testimony. Thank you thank you!
Thank you for the support and the love! Don't worry about the tooth, don't you freight, I'll be fine. It's a good excuse not to have to bike and to get some members out with us! I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and I know that I will one day be reunited with that tooth, but in it's prefect frame.

I had a Spiritual confirmation this Sunday as I sat in sacrament meeting. The Spirit really confirmed to me that I am a Son of God. That I existed before, that I walked with Him and saw His face. He is my Father, and I really thought about who I am. It's amazing.

Have a great week! Love ya




This is the Dentist they sent me to. When I approached it I thought of 1 Corinthians 13:11, thinking that I had put away such childish things. But I was brought to the depths of humility as my tooth departed my gums forevermore. Until the resurrection of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment