Friday, October 11, 2013

It's just too perfect, but that's sometimes how the Lord's work goes.

Sept 23, 2013
My tooth, or lack of, is doing awesome. Dr. Barney wrote me a prescription but I'm above modern medicine, and besides I fit in just fine in good ol Apache Junction nowadays. I'm telling you, all I need is a little tattoo and next thing you know they'll be flocking to the font. 

That's good that Becc got to come by, I also heard that BYU lost to Utah. Surprise, surprise. They better pick it up or I might turn my heart to the Sun Devils. Did get the package, and I have to say that the banana cake is just about gone at this point. But that's to be expected. Also Facebook is right at the doorstep for this mission. We were supposed to get it this week but they might hold off for a bit. I'm probably going to make a new account but we'll see what happens! I don't find out transfer news until the 5th of October.

Everybody is doing really great. I'm going to be honest this past week is a total blur. We taught a lot of lessons... The Lord really blessed us. But to answer your questions. The sassy black family is doing awesome. We did a church tour on Monday. They weren't able to come to church but they're super nice and interested. We now have two other sassy black families that we found this week that we are very excited for. 

Let me tell you the story of Jessica. She's so awesome. She was a referral that we got on Wednesday. It was sent in by a member from another ward in Mesa. She met Jessica at this training program (the member is the trainer) and they started talking about the gospel. Anyways that was on Tuesday and we met with her on Thursday. When we sat down and started talking I found out that the member, Sister Shumway, had already taught Jessica everything in the 3 lessons and more. So that made our job super easy. It was once again super evidence to me that the Lord is preparing His children to receive the gospel. Jessica also has a 12 yr old daughter named India that is so smart. As we went through the first lesson she had a little highlighter and marked all the scriptures that we read in her Book of Mormon. It's moments like that when I expect a curtain to fall and the camera to be exposed. It's just too perfect, but that's sometimes how the Lord's work goes.

But not always. Herman is doing good. He's really searching. Yesterday I talked to him on the phone for quite a bit. He got an answer, and his answer was as clear as day, "You already know the answer." Now that just got him frustrated. So I had to talk him down but he's really at a loss right now. I shared the story of Jackie with him. It was very similar to the way that his wife passed away. I talked about the testimony that John bore at the funeral (Dad emailed me about it) and the complete confidence and testimony that John had that it was God's will for Jackie to go, and that she was ok. I testified to him that he can have that too, and I can't wait for the day that he looks me in the eye and knows it for himself. 

The work is moving forward great. We're seeing miracles like none other. This week I started to more faithfully right in my journal and it has already blessed my life. So don't procrastinate the day of your repentance, Everybody should write in their journal!! O Remember, Remember, talk given by Henry B. Eyring. Gotta love it.

I love you! Love, Elder Alexander



I'm so happy 

The Spanish Elders we live by. We call ourselves the  A Team.


No comments:

Post a Comment