Monday, September 22, 2014

This week was a little harmful.... I got hurt a lot.

Sept 15, 2014
Yes... The team was split up but we have something good goin on with
me and Elder S------ ! Elder Ault headed to the Mesa Central Stake
which is seriously across the street from the18th Ward! Me and Elder
S------ have been doing really good, we live in the same place
actually no moving yet. I'm glad to hear that Adam made it back from
New Orleans with my gator jerky!! I could use another paisley tie and
dried mangoes. :) haha you know I could always use those. As for the
violin that was a members violin, the M----, they let me borrow it
and my roommate Elder W----- taught me some "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
haha.

This week was a little harmful... I got hurt a lot. Luckily I didn't
have to go to the hospital. On Friday... I cut my thumb open. The
story is really embarrassing. Ya know how when you put permanent
marker on a whiteboard the only way to get it off is an Expo marker?
Well... We were getting permanent marker off of a whiteboard and the
Expo marker dried up so I... Kind of... Started sawing it with a
pocket knife and sliced my thumb open. I cut the nail right in half
and sliced it pretty good. I didn't know I cut my thumb so bad so I
started shaking it and I got blood all over myself, Elder S-------, and
the wall. It's healing up pretty good though. On Saturday as I was
recovering we helped a member in the Ward move a bunch gravel. We
would put it in a wheel barrow and wheel it past the pool and... I
fell in. I was walking backwards with the wheel barrow and I stepped
back and I was all of a sudden in the water. On a step though so It
only went up to my waist. I didn't realize I hit my shin but as I kept
working it swelled up to the size of my knee... It didn't hurt so bad
at first but later it got me. I couldn't really walk later that
afternoon, but I got a handle on it. Now it's just really bruised and
it's a little hard to walk. It's ok though, I'm fine. :)

I'm sure you heard of the flooding and we have had the opportunity to
go down and serve in the parts of the city that got hit really bad. On
Wednesday after transfer meeting we went down and helped people pull
stuff out of their garages and just throw it away. It's really sad...
People just have to pull out carpet and all sorts of things.
Apparently not many people have flood insurance so they are just going
to have to get rid of their homes. On Saturday the whole mission went
down, over 200 missionaries, went down to help. It was an awesome
experience. We helped a guy rip out a shed that got destroyed. I'm
grateful for the opportunity we had to serve and I guess another storm
is coming so keep AZ in your prayers!

K---- and A---- are doing awesome. They should be moving this weekend,
we are going to miss them a lot. They have had us over nearly every
night since Elder S----- got here. They prayed as a couple! It took a
lot of follow up, for a few nights, but it happened! And they came to
church! We also had them to a baptism on Saturday. I love em! :)

Things are great. I'm loving my mission. G-----, one of the new
people we found that requested the Book of Mormon, asked us a really
good question last night. She was really worried about being judged at
church because a "former member" told her they don't let people with
tattoos into the temple. I was able to tell her of my parents who are
the greatest example to me of nonjudgmental, unconditional love. Love
the sinner but hate the sin. I'm grateful for your example Mom and
Dad, I love you so much! This church is true and obedience will bring
blessings!

Love, Elder Alexander


Sent from my iPad



My injuries

A few days after





No comments:

Post a Comment