Monday, September 22, 2014

Transfers , I'm really excited I get to stay in the 18th ward.

Sept 8, 2014
 Remind Adam to get me some more
gator jerky when he is in New Orleans!

The video is done, I haven't been able to share it on Facebook yet but
will do that either today or tomorrow. The Ward thinks it's great! To
answer your question about the violin.... I learned a tune but I
wouldn't say I'm learning to play the violin! At least not very well
haha.

In other news we got our transfer news... Elder Ault is leaving me.
They have decided to split up the dream team, the Ward is pretty sad
to see us get split up. So he will be leaving on Wednesday and Elder
S------ is going to come be my companion! I'm staying in the 18th Ward
and the Toro Zone. Me and Elder S ------ are still Zone Leader
companions as well. I'm really excited I get to stay in the 18th Ward,
things are really starting to pick up! I'm also excited to be with
Elder S------, I think we will do really well together. And guess what
else, I'm going to live in the same apartment as Elder B----- ! Haha,
that should be fun.

The Ward is doing great. We were able to go by with Bishop and give
the M------ family blessings because they haven't been feeling very
well. Bishop came with his, he is a really good man. I'm grateful I
get to serve beside men like him out here, they teach me a lot. K-----
& A----l are doing well too, they actually may be moving back up to Utah
so keep your eye out for them! We had a really old lesson with them on
Friday. They were hungry so we brought them Little Caesars and watched
JSPR. They had tons of questions but you can tell A---- believes it. He
knew most of the story if Joseph Smith but wasn't aware of how he was
killed, he got really upset when he found out how it happened. He told
us afterwards that he wants to be a member of the church, we are so
excited! They're bummed Elder Ault is leaving because they said they
have met with missionaries before but didn't feel as comfortable as
they do with us so they never progressed. Elder S------ can get along
with anyone though so we should be good.

We also found a new couple! They actually requested a Book of Mormon
and we get a text from the referral manager telling us to stop by.
Their names are J----- and G-------, they moved into the apartments
in the area about a month ago and have been looking for a church. We
met them Tuesday and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and went
back Wednesday to give him his. Then on Saturday we brought them an
extra couch from our apartment because they didn't have one and we had
too many. And on Tuesday they are meeting with Bishop. When we went by
on Tuesday J----- asked how he would go about getting baptized in our
church... That's my favorite question haha. They will progress, we
just pray they don't move on us. Those apartments are pretty
transient, but we will see. God has a plan!

I hope all continues to go well, I love you so much! It's raining
pretty hard today but I'm safe. <3

Love, Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment