Monday, September 22, 2014

Elder Nelson came to town. I will just say that he carries an incredible Spirit.

Sept 22, 2014
Haha I'm taking better care of myself this week. Actually that's not
true... I got sick on Friday. I had terrible stomach problems and I
didn't sleep very well. Elder B----- was sick too though, so we
stayed in while Elder W---- and Elder S---- went out. I was out of
it most of the day but by Saturday morning I was good to go! :) The
thumb and my leg are healing up rather nicely, I shall include some
photos if I remember haha.

As for K--- and A-----l they are yet to move but they will be moving
this week. At least that is their hopes. A---- got this gross abscess
on his wrist and had to go to this hospital to get it drained and
she's been sick and the sky has been falling, it has just been nuts!
But we have been helping them and visiting them often.

I got to go on an exchange with Elder W---- and Elder B---- on
Wednesday, it was great! Back with my good ol boy and my new found
friend. We had a lesson with J----- and G----- that day and I had a
member joining us, so to avoid overcrowding them in their apartment I
gave Elder ----- and Elder W----- a list of people to contact in
the apartments and set them loose while I went with N----, a young
man preparing to go on a mission to teach J----- and G------. But
here's the thing... I promised Elder B----- and Elder W----- that I
would buy them Jamba Juice if they found us someone to teach and they
totally did! J---- and O-----, we haven't met with them yet but we
will this week! Miracles happen.


Me and Elder S----- went to each of the District Meetings this week
and it was really fun. We trained on some of the things that we
learned from Elders R----- and S-----. We started by talking about
"Islands", we were asked this question by Elder R-----. "If you were
in the middle of the ocean in a boat and you can see nothing but
ocean, how motivated would you be to row? Now imagine you see an
island, are you going to let anything stop you from getting there?" We
need islands!! Things that drive us and we established those as
individuals in our Zone this week. The things that we keep rowing
towards even when every door is slammed in our face, it was awesome!
We also talked about a list of excuses people will use to escape
responsibility because we know that 100% agency comes with 100%
responsibility but everyone loves to avoid the second part. The
consequences. We made a list of things people do to avoid
responsibility and made another list representing the Sons of Mosiah
to overcome that list. It was fun fun fun.

We started teaching a young man's friend in our ward. His name is
P-----, he goes to Mountain View... A very Mormon school. Actually
it's where Max Hall went to High School. So he knows tons of members
but has never learned about it. He has a very "not interested in
converting" attitude but he wants to learn, great kid. We are teaching
him again this week with his friend M------, who is the member in our
ward. :)

J---- and G----- are doing great. We went to the VC on Saturday
and watched JSPR, it was great!  They are such good people. We are
friends with them on facebook now and her cover photo is them by the
temple!! They came to church on Sunday and loved it and they actually
asked if they can visit members of the ward with us haha, we may just
do it! I love them so much, they are changing and they know that it
will bless their lives. And it will!!! :)

Last but absolutely not least... Elder Nelson came to town on
Saturday! He shook all of our hands, and I will just say that he
carries an incredible Spirit. Looking into his eyes was the most
intimidating/inspiring/encouraging/every other emotion ever. This is the
restored church of Jesus Christ. Russell M. Nelson is an Apostle of
the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the spunkiest 90 year old I've ever seen!
I love him and I love you.

Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad


The Scottsdale mission was there, here's the MTC District
            minus Elder Ault! Elder K------'s family moved to INDIA! Haha pretty crazy.

My thumb :(

No comments:

Post a Comment