Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Holy Ghost changes our heart

Sept 29, 2014
Hello :)
We went and hiked up to Flat Iron this morning, that's the one that me and Elder B-----  did this time last year, and I'm pretty sore already haha. We woke up at 4:30 and made our final preparations before we took off. It was perfect weather and it rained the last couple of days so there was some water up there, a nice little runoff waterfall. The view is always pretty good up there, we started driving home around 12:30. We kind of decided on it pretty spontaneously last night but I'm glad we did it! :)

So you're probably wondering about the whole "Wedding Plans" thing... And the bulk of my email this week is going to deal with that. But not in regards to myself... It is in regards to our good friends J---- and ------! They are incredible and this was miracle week for them.

On Wednesday we went with Brother B------ to teach them the Plan of Salvation and it went really well. We took a sketch pad and drew it out for them, they had a lot of questions and accepted the truths we taught then very easily. We committed them to start from the beginning of the Book of Mormon and they were excited because we always leave them chapters to read but they finish them soon after we leave and aren't sure what to read. 

On Wednesday I was on an exchange with Elder G-----, who is a new missionary and I actually day trained him his first night in the mission, and I textd  G----- to see if she had been able to read. She told me that she was just about to read and had an experience the night before but wanted me to check her facebook because she posted it on their. We were able to swing by the church for a few minutes that night and saw her post. She talked all about how the night we taught her the Plan of Salvation her eyes were opened to her Heavenly Father. Her and J----- stayed up til 4 in the morning watching movies about God and she realized the magnitude of he Plan of Salvation and couldn't stop crying. She also mentioned that she felt a huge burden taken off of her shoulders and that she felt like she had been forgiven of her sins. It was pretty incredible. While I was at the temple on Thursday I got a very distinct impression that we needed to focus on the Holy Ghost when we met with them on Saturday. So we planned on teaching more about the Holy Ghost. Who it is, how it operates, how we receive it, how it feels, etc. Because we knew they had felt it and we wanted them to: 1. Understand that is what they were feeling. 2. Desire with urgency the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We saw on Facebook that they were planning on getting married in January so we were a little worried about that. A lot can happen in three months and the reception of the Holy Ghost is something I have learned can't be put off. It makes ALL the difference for those that are initially receiving the restored gospel. So going into the lesson Saturday I was praying very hard to know how to help them understand and feel that urgency. And the Spirit did the job! We had a great lesson, Brother G----- is a member of our ward and he came with as well as G------'s friend A-----. She is preparing to serve a mission! The lesson went well and they accepted it very well. They told us they knew the Book of Mormon is true and that they wanted to be baptized. When we asked when they felt they could get married and baptized they responded with... October! They are getting married on the 23rd and baptized on the 25th. The Holy Ghost changes our hearts.

So with this unfolding me and Elder S------ have become wedding planners. And I'll tell you what, we are pretty darn good at it. Through word of mouth and the wonderful 18th Ward members we found her a wedding dress in less than 48 hours, totally free!!! She is going to get it tailored by a sister in the ward but it is a nice dress. Now we have flowers, pictures, J-----'s suit, and everything else that comes with weddings! If you have any advice we would sure appreciate it haha.

We have been staying really busy which is super nice. A--- and K---- left on Friday, they ended up moving out to Cali instead of Utah though... I am praying for them, they don't have a super solid plan moving out there but I hope it is what is best for them. They need the gospel that is for sure.

Well I best be off.  I got my package and I loved it. It is already all gone haha. Thank you for your love! I love you lots. Tell Jordan I say hello!

Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment