Tuesday, November 4, 2014

President let me go to the wedding!


Oct 27, 2014
Hello hello! 
Well, Elder H----- is a great kid. He is from a little town in Alabama, he only lived there for a year so there's no accent unfortunately haha. He reminds me a little bit of Elder K----, we get along great. The Ward is great as well, there definitely are a lot of Hispanics and it is probably the poorest area I have served in. But that means humble people! The members are very humble and welcoming people and so are a lot of the people we are teaching and the ones we have talked to on the street. Obviously we come across quite a few with rough edges, we're in the "ghetto" of Mesa, but that just keeps things interesting! 

I will tell you about the people we are teaching. First there is J----, N----, & Ji. J---- is the mother of N---- (9) and Ji--- (5) and they are Hopi Indian. J-----'s Mother is a member of the church and J----- really should be at this point too. She knows it is true but doubts herself and her ability to commit. We are going to teach her about the Holy Ghost this week and help her understand the blessings of the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm so excited for her. She is awesome. Ji-- is a little wild, with long hair, he reminds me of the kid from the Jungle Book haha.

President let me go to the J---- and G-----'s wedding! It went great, I guess there was a lot of confusion and frustration on the side of the ward sisters that Elder Sweeten had to deal with but it all worked out haha. I have to say the decorations and flowers turned out pretty dang awesome and the cake was great as well.

Saturday was a crazy day. President gave us permission to ride up with a member to our ward camp out near Payson, AZ! I really didn't think President would give us permission but he totally did and it was awesome. It was actually chilly, I think I might die if it is freezing in December. Which it will be. It was really fun though. A member took a picture of us so I will have to get that somehow and send it to you. When we returned from there we took off to the PHX temple open house w/ J----- and her family and our Ward Mission Leader Brother Carroll. They loved it. After that we stopped at this little train station and went on a mini train ride for Ji and N---- it was pretty fun. At two I went to the baptism of S-----, the man I talked to at Safeway and called me to let me know he was getting baptized. He called me that morning and I got to be a witness at the baptism and tell the story of how I knew him. It was great.  And then right after I headed to J----- and G------'s baptism. The Spirit was very strong and I had the opportunity to baptize G-------. Elder Sweeten baptized Junior. I know that the church is true and I'm so grateful for the chance I have had to see J------ and G------ accept the gospel. They know it is true. They still have some growing up to do but they are doing it and I am very proud of them. I love them!

Elder H---- crashed on his bike last night as he carried a pumpkin in one hand and a phone in the other. It was pretty awesome. He was actually on the phone when he crashed and impressively enough he saved the conversation, the lady had no idea he crashed!

Well, I love you lots!

Love, Elder Alexander


Sent from my iPad

         I don't have any pictures from the wedding but I can probably get some! Here we are at the baptism.   Thanks for loving my investigators. :)

We stopped by a family we are teaching and showed me how to carve pumpkins the right way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment