Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Another one of our Sister entered the waters of baptism.

Aug 12, 2013
We had a lot of meetings this week. So we didn't teach quite as many lessons, or find quite as many people, but we did have the opportunity to see Sharon enter the waters of baptism on Saturday. It was amazing. We showed the Mormon Message, "Waiting On Our Road to Damascus" after Sharon got baptized and talked about how we found her and the incredible miracles that we saw. As to Sharon's request we opened it up for everyone to bear their testimonies when she was all ready to go. (She had a lot of people there for her. Full house.) Sharon also bore her testimony. It was incredible to hear her testify of the Savior and of Joseph Smith. It's the first time I have heard anyone bear their testimony within 10 minutes of being baptized. 
She's a new person. We went and talked to her last night and to hear her talk about taking the sacrament as a baptized member of the church was amazing to me. I haven't appreciated throughout my life. Now I'm trying harder. We're truly washed clean every Sunday that we worthily partake of the Sacrament. I love that there's no set list of qualifications to taking the sacrament worthily (besides being baptized and confirmed) but Our Father in Heaven has given us the Spirit. So we can choose. We can know. By the Power of the Holy Ghost we can know the truth of all things. 

We're still teaching lots of people. Jamie and Marlysa were out of town this week but we're going by tonight and they are making us steak! I can't wait for that. We have to talk about the Word of Wisdom tonight which is also a little bit scary but it'll be great. They're so prepared that I'm not even worried.

That's so crazy that everyone is leaving!! I'll have to throw Madi a bone sometime! She's going to be a great missionary, as will Ryan. I'm excited to hear about all of the stories of the family missionaries.

 As for my I pod and all that jazz. EFY cds work great. Mostly I want unique hymns that still inspire the Spirit, and any other uplifting music that doesn't distract me. So it's pretty broad. Some Disney would be ok, but not all of it ya know? Like I can Go the Distance from Hercules and stuff like that would be good. Just use the Spirit. :)

We're still seeing so many miracles it's ridiculous. I continue to pray for everyone and I'm so grateful for all the prayers that I feel everyday. I'm so grateful for the restoration of this church. The organization of it and the inspired leadership. It's amazing. 

Love Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment