Tuesday, August 27, 2013

He cares enough to answer our simple pleas.

Aug 26, 2013
Well... We got transfer news on Saturday and............ Nothing is changing. The way training works is that it's a 12 week program which means I will be training Elder Bartlett for 2 transfers. (That's usually the way it works unless something crazy happens.) So I'm nice and cozy out here in AJ. But there is a lot going on in the mission, we have 39 new Elders coming in on Wednesday. They opened up like 14 new areas, it's super crazy. The work is definitely hastening!

This week was tough. One of those weeks with a lot of cancellations left and right. Jamie and Marlysa, the ones that have a son named Jayce, took a step back.. They almost stopped meeting with us and started going back to their own church because they didn't see a difference. That's when I realized that we had focused too much on them focusing on reading, and praying, and coming to church that we forgot what truly leads EVERYONE to true conversion. And that's the Spirit. In Alma chapter 5, Alma tells the people that the way that he knows the truth is through the Holy Spirit. That's where conversion will come from. And I forgot that for a bit... The Spirit gave me a little smack in the face on Friday.

I'd like to share an experience. On Wednesday we had District Meeting, during the meeting we talked about being the answer to peoples prayers. I racked and racked my mind for experiences I had had where I had answered someones prayer. I know they've happened but I just couldn't think of a very specific one. That night I knelt in prayer and asked Heavenly Father for the privilege of being an answer to someones prayer. To truly do His work. That next day we were riding past one of our investigators, Marie's, and we noticed her car was there. We had an appointment for the next day but we felt like we needed to stop by. So we got our ward mission leader and we were off!! When we arrived there was another young lady there. She told us she was a member of the church but hadn't been to church since she was 8. (She's about 23.) I shared with her and Marie a scripture in Mormon 9 about God performing miracles. We got on the subject of prayer. This young lady (her name is Emerald) broke down and told us that the night before she had prayed for guidance and we showed up. 

I know that He hears us, and He cares enough to answer our simple pleas.

I love you!

Love Elder Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment