Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just another week in Paradise

Aug 19, 2013

Just another week in Paradise. I'm going to give you some people updates. Yep, that's what I'm doing.
Jamie and Marlysa (Jayce's parents): They missed church this last week because they all got sick so we'll have to push their baptism back but they are still so excited. Marlysa is in the process of quitting smoking, it's been cool to see her rely on the Lord more than she ever has before.
Renea: I don't know if I've told you about her. She has been going to church since Easter. Never been real churchy but she loves coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. She also has to quit smoking and has a truly sincere desire to do so. She's awesome. Her son is one of the reasons she started going to church and he doesn't turn 8 until next June. She wants to wait til then to be baptized but she'll be missing out on so many blessings if she does that!
Rodney, Valerie, and Tabitha: Tabitha had a baptism date. But..... Valerie left, Rodney came to church with us Sunday and has now decided to go to a Christian church and pick up smoking. And Tabitha is moving. But she is still going to get baptized! Which is fine with me!
William: Son of Recent Convert Jessica. Awesome kid, 10 years old, so smart. But his dad won't let him get baptized. So we're praying for it!!
Those are the main ones. We have others that we are working with like Steve and Carmen. We showed up to teach them this week and Steve arrived the same time we did. Drunk. Carmen was extremely upset and we were able to teach her the value of prayer. We testified of how much it will bless her life. Between Steve's off the wall comments the Spirit was really able to touch her heart.
We've been contacting Less Actives that the ward has set us on the week and it's been awesome. Knocked on a door. Guy was no longer living there but the current tenant was super nice. Just moved form Cali, and he's pitching at MCC. He invited us back and I can't wait to see the gospel bless his life!
Still working day to day. It's been hard to keep finding, we have to be on our toes. Even if somethings working really well, if we don't change things up we'll stop seeing success, and I know that's true, so we're trying everything we've got to find new people to teach!
We went thrift shopping today. I got three slacks and some brown eccos for 20 bucks. Call me Mr. Thrifty. One of the slacks are khakis so I'm pretty excited for that.
I learned a lot this week, so many of my weaknesses were shown to me. At first I got really down and then I realized what a blessing it was to have those things shown to me. So now I can do something about it! What a blessing it is that because of the Atonement we don't have to stay the same.
Thank you for all your support, I love you!
Love Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment