Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm loving life and loving serving The Lord.

April 21, 2014

What an Easter! It was incredible. We got to go to he Easter Pageant
twice this week and it was absolutely incredible! For my last watching
of it on my mission on Saturday night I had the best seats I've ever
head! It was great. We went with Orvid on Thursday and Riley and his
family on Saturday. I'm glad you all had such a nice Easter meal!
Guess who my companion is?? You guessed it!! I'm with
Elder Ault and Elder Sweeten!! Haha it's fantastic. Riverton Reunite.
It's always funny when people ask us where we are from. So I am
covering the 34th Ward and their area with them. They are serving in
the Citrus Heights Stake and it is very wealthy. We went and had Easter
dinner at Bishop H house last night and their house blew my
mind. They have a rock wall treadmill, and a giant chess set. Wowie.

Phyllis came to church yesterday! She is doing very well. She seems to
like the Ward but since she is going through Chemo she always feels
tired. We gave her a blessing last week, I think I told you about it,
and that really touched her. The Spirit was very strong and she felt
like she heard God speaking to her.

Me and Elder Horgan would always walk because our area is so small. It
gives us an opportunity to talk with everyone we see. It's a lot
easier to stop walking and talk to someone than pull over in a mini
van and try to strike up a conversation haha. So we still have the
mini van but we just park it sometimes. Right now we don't because in
the trio our area is a lot bigger and it will be like this until
transfers in three weeks.

Things are going really great!! I'm loving life and loving serving The
Lord. We finished our Atonement study this week and I really learned a
lot. The part that I really learned a lot about was when the Savior
was on the cross and God withdrew His Spirit. That part in the
fulfillment of the Atonement hit me like a pile of bricks. I know I
can feel when the Spirit isn't as strong in my life, and I don't like
it. But to think of the perfect Son of God having to feel the same
thing is unfathomable. That act alone shows me how much God and
Jesus Christ love me.

Loves, Elder Alexander

P.s.- I ate a sandwich at Steve Young's brother's house yesterday.
He's in one of the Citrus Heights wards I'm covering.

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment