Thursday, April 17, 2014

We all need to defend our faith and we can do it nicely!

April 7, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed Conference! I definitely did as well... Here's
how my watching went.

Saturday Morning Session:
We were supposed to watch it with Julie but she was feeling sick and
started working today so she wanted to get her rest. We just watched
it with the Rapiers, the people we live with. I loved Elder Holland's
talk! We ALL need to defend our faith. When I was talking with Adam he
talked about how he always defends it and always has. I loved that. We
all need to defend what we believe it, and I loved that Elder Holland
pointed out that we can do it nicely. That's something I've always
disliked is getting defensive and hostile when people disagree. If we
share what we believe God will be there with us, He has promised us!
We don't need to get all defensive.

Saturday Afternoon Session:
We watched it with Orvid. My mistake in inviting him to watch the one
with the statistical report and all that... He got pretty bored but he
enjoyed the messages a lot. He still has a lot to get over but he is
doing really well. Elder Cook's talk sparked his interest in Family
History so that was sweet.

Priesthood:
We went with Brother Rapier and he rest of his family. But first we
went by Brother Stockton's because we invited him. He was asleep and
thought he was going to get out of it but we waited for him haha. He
wasn't too thrilled but ended up really enjoying it. Priesthood
session was my favorite. Every talk was exactly what I needed to hear!
I'm a total fan of President Uchtdorf and I really loved what he said
about the Restoration. I think that was in Priesthood at least? Yeah,
I'm pretty sure it was. I loved it! We really need to be prepared in
this day. It's so easy to fall when we let our guard down for even a
second!

Saturday Morning:
Our Bishop invited us to watch Conference with him and his family.
They also invited Riley, the 9 year old boy we are teaching, and his
family. There were tons of kids, about 7, with the two families there
so it was a little harder to concentrate haha. Bishop's wife made us
breakfast and I really enjoyed it, cinnamon rolls for days. The talk
that stood out to me in that session was Elder Bednar's about bearing
a load. We are supposed to have a load in this life, if you don't
you're probably missing out! It reminds me of one of my favorite
scriptures, I'm pretty sure that Elder Bednar used it in his talk but
it's Mosiah 24:14. We are meant to have burdens but we aren't meant to
bear them on our own.

Saturday Afternoon:
We were able to watch it with the Stockton's. I loved the talk Elder
Aidakitus (spelling?) gave. (His son served in the Mesa mission a few
years back, I've served in two of his areas.) personal Revelation is
one of the things our Zone is focusing on this quarter, he did a great
job in explaining the how and the why. I'm still figuring out how I
personally recognize revelation but I know it's really easy to build
up walls in our lives. Sometimes we get so busy that our minds are
going everywhere, except for Heavenward. But that's where all the
answers are!

Other than Conference we had a pretty good week. Phyllis doesn't think
she can be ready by the end of April for baptism so we are going to
keep working with her... She gets sick a lot so it is hard but we are
just taking a service route and keep serving her until she is well
enough to listen. The other day she was looking for an air compressor
to fill up her tire when I texted her during planning to see if we
could bring by an air compressor sometime this week to clear out her
gutters. She asked if we could get it right then and help her and we
did. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

We taught Riley last night and set a date for him and his brothers
(they're 8) to be baptized! We had set a couple dates when I was with
E. Crookston but that was just with he mom and it always fell through.
This time we got he boys all pumped and now they are expecting it to
happen on May 3rd haha. We wrote out a little calendar that has the
date on it and shows them how far away it is. It also has reminders to
read and pray, I hope it works!! Keep him in your prayers.

All is well, this week we have Zone Training Meeting. Tomorrow
actually. I'm excited, me and E. Derbidge planned it out this week and
I feel really good about it. I hope it touches some hearts. Well, I
love you lots!

Love, Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad


The man, the legend, Elder Crookston.

No comments:

Post a Comment