Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Spirit was undeniable.

April 27, 2014

Let me answer your questions. I live with Elders Ault and Sweeten at
their place, a members home in their stake. They were out of town last
week so we had the house all to ourselves. I like being in a trio,
especially with these two. We have lots of fun and teach powerfully
together, Elder Ault helps me not take myself so seriously. It is
pretty hilarious when we tell people we are from Riverton and have
been out 15 months. :)

So I'm still working in the 34th Ward, I go to the 34th Ward with
Brother Rapier on Sundays, and we are also working in their area. The
benefits of a small mission is that our areas are so small it's really
not that big if a deal to combine to.

Orvid is doing ok... Tonight we are going to the Visitor's
Center with him to watch the Joseph Smith movie so keep him in your
prayers? Phyllis is doing good, she has been sick this week so we
haven't taught her and she couldn't come to church. I just need to be
more patient and I know The Lord will do His will according to His
timing. Riley and his brothers Tate and Tallon are getting baptized on
May 16th!! Their Mom is totally on board and it will hopefully go
through. We don't have Zone Conference this transfer. That is every
other transfer, and the transfers we don't had it we have interviews
with President.
 It's hard being split from my Zone Leader Companion. I wish I could 
talk more about the Zones needs with my Zone Leader companion but
 you get what you get. I like it though.

On Wednesday I got to have my interview with President, it was really
great. I have an incredible amount of respect for that man and to sit
one on one with him and talk was an incredible blessing. I'm grateful
for the inspiration of The Lord because I need a Mission President
like him.

 That's good to hear about the fam! Tell Elyse and Dallas congrats. Are
they going to be up for Mothers Day?? Can you believe that is two
weeks away? I sure can't... So weird. Probably plan on Skyping at about
3 your time. I will let you know if anything changes.

This week was really good, I had lots of fun and lots of success! On
Monday we drove out to AJ and Elder Ault gave us a tour of his first
area. There's this weird super rich part of AJ called Gold Canyon that
he covered and Michael Jordan used to have a house there. He showed it
to us. We also went to this old Ghost Town that is pretty cool.

I have a funny story. One night this past week, can't remember which
night, but we were sleeping out on the couches in the family room. I
was a little more than half asleep and I looked over and thought Elder
Ault was staring at me. So I woke up to myself saying things like,
"What's going on?" "Stop looking at me!" "Why are you looking at me?"
At which point I began to blink myself awake and looked over at Elder
Sweeten, who I also thought was staring at me, so I started saying
things like. "Are you awake over there?" "Are you looking at me too?"
Then Elder Ault told me to shut up and it ends up it wasn't him
looking at me at all. It was a bowl on the coffee table. You probably
had to be there.
Probably the best part of my week, and what I will end with, was on
Saturday. We got to go to he sealing of a family that Elder Ault
baptized in his first area. The father at least. They also had five
children. I have been to a sealing before (Cam's) but I will admit it
was different with children there. At the beginning of the ceremony I
prayed for a spiritual confirmation if both the truthfulness of this
church and the ceremony I was about to be a witness of. The Spirit was
undeniable. Their 5 year old daughter began sobbing and embracing her
little brother. The Church is true. I know that God has given us the
power to seal our families for eternity.

Loves, Elder Alexander

Ps- We helped a 58 yr old man with Down syndrome build a swing this
week. Here's a quote-
"And when we finish... Hello, rock concert." And it was true. He
treated us to a rock concert.


Sent from my iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment