Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thanks for loving me. Have a wonderful Easter!!

April 14, 2014
Things went really well this week. It's been a struggle finding people but 
we are keeping the faith. We have been walking a lot trying to be more visible,
 I think the Ward likes seeing us out contacting. It's so cool serving in just one Ward,
 I feel a lot closer to the actual Ward. Like I'm part of it, which is really awesome.

 We had our Zone Training Meeting on
Tuesday at the MountainView Stake Center. I gave a training on
Sacrifice. It was pretty simple and I really tried to help the
missionaries in our Zone of giving up our will for the Father's. As
we've been studying the Atonement as a mission one of the biggest
things that I have learned is the fact that the humility that Christ
possessed was one of the major attributes that qualified Him to be the
Savior of the world. He was willing to give up His will for that of
the Father's. It takes a lot of sacrifice especially now with the
natural man in the mix. It really isn't natural for people our age to
WANT to so what we are doing, riding around on bikes in 100+ degree
weather getting denied  but that is why we are so blessed. As we give
up our will we always find that God has a better plan. The rest of the
meeting went really well, we have an awesome Zone. There are 30
missionaries, biggest Zone in the mission! #ToroNation. We went and
got pizza together afterwards.

On Wednesday we went and played softball with the Ward. We got Orvid
to come and it was a really good opportunity for him to get to know
people. I made this really awesome catch... Seriously everyone was
really impressed. But when it came down to it me and Elder Horgan
really blew the game hahaha. It came down to the bottom of the last
inning and we were down by two. Me and Elder Horgan were first up to
bat and... We both struck out. It's whatever though.

On Thursday me and Elder Ault we're reunite and it felt so good. We
went on an exchange and it was really nice. We did tons of service.
Speaking of Riverton, there is a family from Riverton that just moved
into the Ward! The Hales family. And Brother Hales just got called as
the Ward Mission Leader so that is pretty exciting.

Julie just got called as a Ward Missionary! So awesome. She didn't
have much of a testimony at all when I came to the area. In fact she
hated Joseph Smith. But now she is so solid, it's been really awesome
to see her totally flip it around. She got a job at DI, it's really
good for her. On Tuesday she needed a ride so we called up a member
but when they showed up they couldn't find her. Then we couldn't get
ahold of her for about 36 hours. We were pretty close to calling in
the po po but we finally got ahold of her so that's good.

Phylis was supposed to come to church today but she had a really bad
migraine. She had Chemo on Friday... But we went by last night and
gave her a blessing. She has definitely felt the and our Bishop got
her a large print BoM so that will help things move along. Since she
missed church she will have to move her baptism back but it was happen
in March.

We sent Saturday walking. We went and tried to contact all of the
Formers in the Area Book. We didn't have tons of success but it was
really fun. Elder Horgan is one of those guys that I could be doing
anything with and it would probably be fun. We didn't find anyone new
that day but I hope thatt he Lord sees we are willing to work for it.

So this letter is all jumpy but to answer your question the Easter
Pageant is going on right now. It was last week and then he 15th
though the 19th. We haven't gone yet but we should be going twice this
week with Orvid and the Carns.

Anyways, I will look forward to that Easter Package. I hope all is
well at home. I love you so so so much. Have a wonderful Easter!!

Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad


Hi Pop,
 I forgot to tell you but I met a man in the 46th Ward when I served there that served in the London South Mission. I think we decided he left right when you got there. His name was Elder Uchytil. 

I love you Pop, Thanks for loving me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment