Monday, March 31, 2014

I can't wait to find those the Lord has prepared.

Mar 31, 2014
Let me answer your questions. We live with the Rapier's, which is
where I lived when I served w/ E. Crookston in the 34th Ward. They are
in our Ward and they are super cool. Elder Horgan doesn't know the Bindord's
 But speaking of that there is an Elder Lithgow in my mission. He knows
the Binford's! Tell them that. That wasn't a District lunch we were
just getting some lunch after a District Leader Council. Elder Ault
isn't in my District but my Zone.

That's great to hear that the family is alive and well. Tell everyone
congrats and I would love some pictures of the new additions. Sorry to
hear about the little Goaty passing away. I guess they can't thrive
without my presence!

The Toro Zone is doing great. Elder Derbidge is a great missionary and has 
already been very easy to work with. Tomorrow we have MLC and we are going 
to be able to present our Zone focuses for the next quarter, Apr-June. We have 
decided to focus on Planning and following the Spirit. Our mission has really 
struggled planning since we got iPads and Facebook but it is really just a lack
of knowledge rather than laziness. We also know that when missionaries are given 
more free reign rather than a program it will enable them to reach farther.
I'm so excited to be back in the 34th Ward. When we got in the area on
Wednesday we went around and saw all sorts of familiar faces. Let me
tell you about the people we are working with..

Orvid- me and E. Crookston were teaching him. He is so awesome. Him
and E. Crookston became really good friends and he told him that the
only way he would let missionaries in after he went home was if they
transferred me back. Well... The Lord works in mysterious ways haha.
His big hold up, which is pretty major, is Joseph Smith so that is
what we are working on.

Phylis- she is going through Chemo. Super nice but kind of flakey. She
had a baptism date when I left the area but lost contact with Elder
Crookston and Elder Oniones. We went and taught her about the Doctrine
of Christ through reading 2 Nephi 31 w/ her last night. It went really
great and she committed to being baptized on April 26th! Keep her in
her prayers, we will be watching Some of Conference w/ her.

Julie- she hasn't been active in 40 years. Never rally had a
testimony. Me and Elder Crookston were working with her and now she
has a solid testimony of the restoration. She bore it yesterday! It
was really awesome. She actually is the one that found Phylis for us.

The Stockton's- they go in and out of less activity. We go and share
messages regularly and try to help them out. Sis. Stockton has come to
church the last two weeks! We stopped by Sunday morning and made sure
of that haha.

That's really all we have right now but Elder Horgan got a 24 hr bug
on Saturday, so we were in all day. You know what that means! I got to
clean the apartment, study, and plan. This week we are going to try
and contact all those who previously met with the missionaries and see
if they are interested. I'm really excited and I can't wait to find
those The Lord has prepared.

Love you lots!

Love, Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad


A member sent this to parents. Eating lunch after a District leader council.

No comments:

Post a Comment