Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Transfers, The Lord has something else in mind!

Feb 10, 2014
Well... We got some news on Saturday. I will admit that I was 100%
positive that I was not getting transferred. But alas The Lord had
something else in mind! Let me see if I can explain this in the
simplest way... Me and Elder Crookston will be remaining the Zone
Leaders of the Toro Zone but we will no longer be companions. The way
it has worked my whole mission is you have two Zone Leaders per Zone
and they are companions, that's how me and Elder Crookston have been
this transfer. But they are experimenting with a new method with a
couple of Zones this next transfer... I will be moving from the Mesa
34th Ward to serve in the Mesa 46th and 76th Wards, still in the same
stake. I'm taking over Elder Armstrong's area again (I took over his
area when I went out to AJ) and will be finishing he training of a
young missionary that has been out for a transfer named Elder West.
Elder Crookston will be finishing the training of another missionary
that has been out for a transfer as well. We won't be companions like
I said but we will continue to plan all things Zone together. Zone
Training Meeting, District Leader Council, all that fun stuff. I will
be taking the car with me, leaving Elder Crookston on a bike. But
listen to this..... I'm evolving to a mini van!! Hahahah I'm not sure
how it is going to work but I'm excited to see!
Elder West, like I said he has been out for one transfer. 
We are going to live with some members, the Allen's, and
I know we only have one room and share the kitchen and everything.
We will see how that goes!
We went and did a service project on Thursday for this place called
AZ Brain Food that supplies lunches for poor children in schools.
While there I totally met Max Hall's mom. Apparently he went to
High School in my area, he was a Mountain View Toro! He is playing
ball in Canada in case you were wondering.
My conversation with Adam went very well. I taught him the Restoration
and he committed to praying this week. He has been doing really well
with reading the scriptures I give him. Keep loving him like you
always do!

The work in the 34th Ward is going great. I don't know if I told you
about Phyllis. She is an older lady, she has cancer and a Less Active
member that we have been working with introduced us to her. We weren't
sure if she was going to progress but all of a sudden she read Alma
32, came to church on Sunday, and is planning on getting baptized the
end of March. It is incredible to see the Holy Ghost work in peoples
lives. The Spirit has truly comforted her and she so openly
understands the gospel. She recognized it. It's amazing!

Well, to answer one of your questions I found out that the couple
isn't from Price but they are from East Carbon. Their names are the
Reynolds. They've been away from East Carbon for about 20 years.

I love you!

Love Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment