Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Here's what you missed last week. And the Gospel is very true.

Jan 20, 2014

(Here's what you missed last week! I noticed on Tuesday that it didn't
send for some reason!! Sorry!!)

 I live with a member family, the R........ It's a lot like my
living situation when I lived with the Th....... We have our own
mother in law section to the side, it's the smallest place I've lived
but I love it a lot. The R....... are an old couple. I don't have my
address on me but I will get it to you soon!

Me and Elder Crookston are doing great. He's an awesome companion and
has really has this missionary thing figured out. A lot of people
think I'm a greenie at times but we politely inform them that I am
not. Haha, I'm learning a lot bands I love it.

As for people we are teaching... The teaching pool is scarce right
now. Elder Crookston and his last companion had a lot of work in the
other Ward they covered and the Ward we cover, 34th Ward, was all but
dead. But they are picking it up! They're rising to the challenge of
having us fully devoted to their Ward. Which is about 2 blocks by a
mile... They are calling 4 more Ward missionaries by Sunday and they
are having us speak this coming Sunday! We have two real investigators
right now. Orvid and Riley. Orvid  is awesome. His wife is softening a
lot and we are planning on getting her a Jamba Juice this week in
order to get her to like us haha. Rickey is 9 and we really just need
to set a date with him. He wants to get baptized but his mom isn't
active... But we are close!

Miracles are happening in our zone. The focuses we chose are working
luckily!! We saw loads of miracles and should reach our goal of five
baptisms in January with the baptism some sisters have in the 30th
Ward!

I'm going to be talking with Adam on Thursday! Tell him he best get
ready! I'm really excited to talk about stuff bro to bro. Technology
man...

Well. This is a little shorter but I love you all! I have been sick
this week but I am recovering well so don't worry about me!

Loves. Elder Alexander.
Sent from my iPad

Jan 27, 2014

Hi Mommy,
I knew you were going to be wiggling out all week after I saw my email
didn't send on Tuesday, I was very close to calling President and
getting permission to resend them but I didn't. But all is well and I
hope you can forgive me.

Last P Day I had a really good day. And let me tell you why. Me and
Elder Crookston have a nice P Day route we usually take and it goes a
little something like this... 1. 360 Thrift.. A nice little Thrift
Shop that missionaries get half off.  2. The Bread store... Where
missionaries get free bread. 3. 1/2 Books, where we look at old
books 4. Ross 5. Car Wash. Well... I have had my eyes open for a blue
suit since I started thrift shopping on the mission. And last P Day,
even though I was sick as a dog (fever for days), The Lord blessed me
and I found my blue suit. I left 360 with a new blue suit with pink pin
stripes, and a Donald Trump tie all for $7. And this morning I left
360 with shoes and a new belt for $3. I'm just really grateful.

Me and Elder Crookston have been battling illness the last couple of
weeks. We have had to take a break from the ravishing workouts but we
hope to be back on the train sometime this week. I hate being sick on
the mission! We've had to take it a little slower this week and it's
been trying my patience but it's all good.

The Toro Zone is doing great. This Saturday we reached our Zone Goal
of 5 baptisms for January. Our zone has been picking it up, especially
the Mesa East Stake! The wards are really taking over with the work.
We went out with the Priests on Wednesday and we had the Ward members
telling us who to visit. It was awesome to see some initiative.

Me and Elder Crookston both got to talk in sacrament meeting. We each
took twenty minutes and then Bishop Kunz spoke for about five. I got
to speak on Faith. I took a really different approach. I spent all
week studying faith, different aspects of it. Filling up my well I
guess you could say. And then... I went up there and relied fully upon
the Spirit. Obviously I had some ideas about what I wanted to say but
I really let the Spirit guide. It was super hard and I'm pretty sure
half my talk was I repeated myself a ton but I learned a
lot from the Spirit!  It is such a blessing to know that we can increase
our faith in the Savior and as we do so we desire to become like Him.
To repent and become better.

I also got to go on an exchanges with the old assistant, Elder
A......... He is from New Zealand but it ends up he played for
Highland rugby and lived pretty darn close to us. He is a really good
missionary and taught me a lot about the work and about how to play
rugby haha.

The Gospel is very true.
Well I best be going. We need to go get some detergent. Love you.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment