Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just another manic Monday!

Feb 24, 2014
Dear Mommy,
I'm so sorry... After i copied that pic over I wrote you this big long
email but I guess the picture just canceled it out... :( I'm sorry!!!
Things are great. Our wards are awesome, the Allen's (who we live
with) are awesome as well. Their son is serving in Sochi right now.
Pretty crazy!! Here is pay back for missing last week. A detailed
summary of our week...

Monday: Just another manic Monday. We picked up E. Crookston and E.
Oniones at 10 and went on our regular route. I can't remember if I
bought anything... After shopping we had some lunch at the Rapiers and
I attempted to email you. At which point as we well know my email did
not send properly. Somewhere during the day I got a haircut from a
barbershop called mono's (free haircuts). Then we picked up E. Tueller
and his companion E. Gold and did some good ol fashioned bowling.
There are few things I love more than bowling in Proselyting clothes
haha. After dinner and a couple of visits in our area that night it
was time for exchanges at 830!! I went with E. Coulston in his area,
his companion, E. Horgan, went with E. Crookston in his area, and E.
Oniones went with E. West in our area. It's a super exchange. E.
Coulston is a District Leader.

Tuesday: Elder Coulston wasn't feeling very well so we had to take it easy.
We did teach a lesson to this lady named Esther that went well, 
she is getting baptized in March.

Wednesday: Reunited with Elder West once more, we had District Meeting
at 1030. We gave a training on the importance of temple attendance
post mission. I'm pretty darn glad that we live near so many temples!
And serving in Mesa around so many temples leads me to wonder how
dependent upon them I am. Which is definitely a good thing haha.
Speaking of temples the Gilbert temple dedication is this Sunday.
They're doing the same thing we did for the Brigham City temple so I
will watch the dedication at the Stake Center instead of regular
meetings. Let's see... After District Meeting me and E. Crookston had
to split off to take care of some stuff for the Zone. We are still
figuring out this whole split thing. It's super hard to coordinate
everything and spiritually prepare all of our meetings when we don't
have any time together. I understand why we are split but I hope we
can get the logistics of it down soon! After I got back with E. West
we went and picked Grapefruits for this lady we met on the street. She
was very nice but I think she thought all we did was pick
grapefruit... Later we met this cute little lady named Melba and said
a prayer with her. She is super old but I hope she lets us teach her!
That evening we taught Colby Martin. He is 10 and his parents are
divorced. Every other week he lives with his grandparents and his Dad
so we get to teach him. He was supposed to get baptized but his mom is
causing problems... Hopefully soon though! And last of all for
fabulous Wednesday... I got your package! And I have to say you are
getting rather good in the Paisley department. :) THANK YOU!!! <3

Thursday: we went and helped out at the AZ Brain Food thing again. Saw
Max's mom, met some nonmembers that work at the organization, and
loaded car after car. It was a nice morning. After that I went to
another District's District Meeting with Elder Smith (the District
Leader), we have to go to one of each District's District Meetings
each transfer. It was a good meeting. After I got back with E. West we
were able to stop by Rod and teach him the Law of Tithing. He read in
Malachi 3 where it asks, "Will a man rob God?" And he was pretty upset
that he had been robbing God his whole life. So we explained the law
of tithing and who God was speaking to in that chapter (his covenant
people) and he was alright in the end.

Friday: In the morning we has District Leader Council at 1030. That's
where me and E. Crookston meet with all of the District Leaders in our
Zone. It wasn't super effective but we are going to work on it. After
that we had Weekly Planning. Love that planning day! We taught an
investigator named Carol that night, it went really well. She seems to
really want to progress. I'm super stoked for her.

Saturday: we did tons of service. Helped someone move, went and helped
with a Ward service project, and helped a non member named Jean. As we
left I "forgot" my Book of Mormon but she noticed haha. She ended up
keeping it and said we can come by in a couple of weeks to get some
tangelos and talk about it! We almost got in a wreck... This guy just
tried to merge into my lane. Mere inches, I kid you not.

Sunday: we taught teachers quorum. Those young people are super lucky
with this new "Come Follow Me" program. The opportunity it gives them
to start teaching the gospel is sweet I loved it. I didn't get a
chance to Skype Adam because we taught Colby about the Law of
Chastity! He's 10... That age is always fun to teach the good ol law
to. We also taught Rod again, we finally got him a large print BoM and
dropped it by. We had a Convert named Brother McClure with us and he
bore mad testimony. After that lesson we had dinner with this super
rich member that owns this Mexican restaurant called Tia Rosas. He is
super rich, his backyard is this huge model train set haha. Afterwards
Carol went with us to the VC to watch JSPR. Afterwards she told us
that she thinks Joseph Smith is a prophet!

Please know that I love you and I love this gospel! Let me know any
other questions you have for me and I will answer them next week!
Loves

Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment