Thursday, March 27, 2014

Our salvation depends on our believing in and understanding the Atonement.

Mar 24, 2014
This one will be rather short but I will make up for it next week. The
news is in... I am in fact getting transferred again. BUT I'm actually
going back to the 34th Ward again! That's the Ward I served in with
Elder Crookston. Since he goes home today and his companion left last
week they needed some new missionaries to come in. I told President in
my email last week I would be willing to do that so I'm heading back!
Elder West is staying in our area and I will be companions with Elder
Horgan. He has been out for about 4 1/2 months, I'm super excited.

They are keeping the Split Zone Leader experiment alive. My new Zone
Leader companion is Elder Derbidge. He will be in the neighboring
Stake, so we are in different Districts. Not sure how it will go but I
still have faith. The Toro Zone is doing awesome, I hope we can keep
it going.

Elder Ault is Toro bound. He won't be in my District but he will be in
the Zone. I'm super excited to serve around him again, it's a little
taste of home away from home. And he is super funny.

Today we are finishing out Elder Crookston's mission. I'm going to
miss him pretty bad but that's all good. His parents are picking him
up tonight. These last three months have flown by. We are going to
celebrate with some Red Lobster for lunch and then he will be off to
the mission office and farewell dinner.

All is well in the area me and Elder West are serving in. We taught
Kelly on Thursday and got to the bottom of another one of her
concerns. Rod figured out on his own (the Spirit told him) that he
needed to kick his roommate out and he's going to do it. Colby is
talking to his mom about baptism and should get baptized in April and
tons of other stuff. It's been kind of crazy since Wednesday because
we've been in a trio w/ Elder Crookston covering two areas we managed.

We are studying the Atonement as a mission as we prepare for Easter.
It has been great. We read Matthew 26-28 and a few talks so far and
have a lot more in store. I've really realized the necessity of action
when it comes to the Atonement. Our salvation depends on our believing
in and understanding the Atonement... That's a quote by I can't remember
who it's from. I know that my experiences of the healing of the
Atonement have taught me a lot more than merely being told about it
has!

Side story... I interviewed a young man named Tyler for baptism this
week. He has Down syndrome. He decided that he wanted to be baptized
and got approved. For his interview I showed him pictures on my iPad
and talked about things. It was awesome when I showed him a picture of
baptism. He got so excited and start doing the sign language for
baptism. That's when I knew it was ok. He had a desire to follow
Christ and through baptism he was able to show that.

Things are good. I liked your letter this week, thank you for always being so supportive of me!! 
Well, be safe this week. Pray for me. Love you.

Sent from my iPad

Elder Alexander and Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment