Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I'm just glad we have the Atonement available and I can rely on mercy.

Feb 3, 2014
Me and Elder Crookston are back at 100%! We just had a cold of sorts,
I got over earlier this week and then Elder Crookston got taken down
so we have been taking it slow. But we are back! I have heard of
valley fever but I'm not really sure what it is. Haha, my tie
collection... He wasn't supposed to tell you about that!! It is pretty
nice, I'm rather proud of it.
As for Facebook, I'm only allowed to talk to people on there if it is
fulfilling my purpose. So since I'm crying repentance unto Adam I can
talk to him but other than that I don't correspond with anyone
without a purpose. But you can like my stuff and stalk me all you
want!
I'm enjoying talking with Adam. This week he is reading Alma chapter
36 and we are going to talk about it, it should be a good
conversation!

Things are going good around here... Let's see. On Thursday we got to
go to the Gilbert Temple Open House, and that is a pretty temple. We
went with our investigator, Orvid, and his family. They really liked
it. After we left the Celestial room Orvid was like, "Wow, the
pictures really don't do that room justice." And then when we were
leaving the parking lot he said, "I wish my job was hanging out in the
Celestial Room. Like if somebody asks, 'Hey, what do you do for a
living?' 'Just sit in the Celestial Room!" It was the Spirit he felt
in there, it was a different Spirit for sure. After the open house
Orvid took us to a pizza place in Gilbert called NYPD (New York Pizza
Department) and Coldstone. It was a good night.

We were the only Zone to reach our goal for January. The mission has
set a goal to have 150 baptisms in the first quarter of the year. In
January we had 39 but February is looking pretty promising. Our Zone
has a goal for 7 and we have faith that we can reach it. On Wednesday
we have Zone Training Meeting, I'm really excited. Elder Crookston are
going to be talking about making sure that our wards are self
sustaining. Meaning that when the missionaries transfer the work
doesn't hiccup because the Ward is the driving force behind the work.
We have been trying to establish that kind of culture for the Mesa
34th Ward and it is going great! The Ward is on fire with a missionary
spirit. Make sure that you are helping the missionary work in the
Copperview 2nd Ward, the missionaries probably need your help! Just
kidding, they definitely do.
The work is good. I reached a point where I had to recommit myself again 
this week, it happens oft in the mission where I feel the need to do so.
I don't know if it's because the Lord's expectation for me is raising or mine is.
I feel as if the expectation is set but I keep getting more and more glimpses 
of His vision which makes me reach higher. I think it's genius that He makes
us reach just enough until we get comfortable and then we have to reach
higher and higher.
I've taken a bit of an indefinite hiatus from my study of the New
Testament and have restarted the Book of Mormon. It has been awesome.
I am really learning how to be diligent. Nephi exhorts his brothers
time and time again to be diligent and faithful! Nephi never quit
following The Lord! Once he received the confirmation that his father
was a prophet he made his decision that he would follow The Lord. It
was never a question! He started right there and never looked back. He
wasn't perfect but he was diligent and consistent. That's what it
takes to reach perfection, it's what our Father in Heaven expects of
us. I'm just glad we have the Atonement available and I can rely on
mercy.

Well, we will find out this Saturday the fate of our zone for next
transfer. I'll let you know!

Love Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment