Tuesday, May 27, 2014

There's a new fire burning and it's catching.

May 26, 2014
I will be looking for that package in the coming week! I've been
craving some dried mangoes. I will also keep a look out for that
letter, thank you for supporting the people I teach! Love you both.

You are correct, Lanaya was baptized on Saturday!! The service went
very well, President surprised us and showed up for the baptism. Not
many people came due to Memorial Day weekend but it really ended up
being very spiritual.

Betty got sick so she wasn't able to make it to church and we haven't
been able to meet with her much but that is all we are left with.
Other than Betty we're not teaching anybody else so we are in finding
mode. We are excited though. We were trained in Zone Conference about
how to more effectively use the Ward Council so we will be focusing
our efforts there. The next couple weeks will probably be slow but I'm
really excited about the challenge haha. Our mission and members are
going to fast for finding opportunities this Sunday and I know there
will be many miracles from it.
Our mission is focusing a lot on being consecrated to the work. There 
is a talk called, "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister 
that we all read. If you can find it give it a read. That was a large focus of our
 Zone Conference this week and I realized that that is what I have been trying to do
 I've tried to give myself to the work and I've noticed that when I hold even an ounce back 
the miracles don't happen. The Lord expects a lot out of us
Zone Conference went well. I did my training and I felt good about it.
The trainings by the Assistants and President were pretty incredible
and I know that they really helped our mission. There's a new fire
burning and it's catching.

For some reason I'm having a really hard time remembering what
happened this past week... It's all kind of overshadowed by Zone
Conference and the baptism... Let me think.

We went and helped Bro W... with his pool again. I didn't jack
hammer this time but we shoveled all around the perimeter of the pool
so that we can cave in the sides eventually. It's tough work and you'd
be surprised how hot it gets at 7 in the morning. It's pretty much
like high noon in Utah. Love it.

We helped with the lunch at a funeral on Friday and it was at the
Kimball East Stake Center. That's the stake I started in and it was
pretty weird being back there again!

We ate dinner with some nonmembers that Elder Ault actually knows from
before the mission and they called us Colton and George the whole
time. It was super weird.

And that's it for random facts, This week was a little slower but I
love you all a lot!

Love, Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment