Monday, June 23, 2014

Put the Lord first in the best and the worst times and He will take care of you.

June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for that package. I really enjoyed it, probably one
of my favs. Thank you for the Air Force shirt, super awesome. I'm
going to probably go exchange it for a smaller size. Just so you know
in regards to you doing college stuff I'm really not sure what I
wanted you to do... Just make sure it all works out I guess. I've just
seen so many missionaries caught up in applying for colleges and I
don't want to waste that time. So if I don't have to apply til after I
get home then feel free to just research for me. Love you.

Thank you for joining in a fast for our area. Our mission joined in a
fast yesterday in order to find more people. The mission had a lot of
success the last few don't he but now we need to find more people.
That stands true for our area. Things picked up the end of April but
now we are left with nothing. Betty actually moved... She got a job
and stopped meeting with us, and then everything feel apart and she
had to move. It was sad but I feel as if The Lord blessed her and she
stopped making Him a priority. I learned a valuable lesson this week.
Put the Lord first in the best and the worst times and He will take
care of you. I know that's true.

So we literally have absolutely no one to teach. We have quite a few
potential people we have found but no one we are teaching regularly.
In order to keep busy and enable our Ward to independently do
missionary work we have been doing Family Mission Plans. We go in, say
a prayer, share a scripture, and talk about their friends, family, and
neighbors. We invite them to do specific things and pray who they
should invite and how hey should do it. It is going really well and
our next three days are completely booked.

I'm glad you got to go see Grandma Dorothy. Mosiah 16:8. I know that
we will see her again. I know that there is life after death, this
life doesn't make sense without. I'm so comforted in knowing that I
know exactly what I need to do to be with my wonderful family forever.
This church is true. Being obedient to WHATEVER The Lord commands me
brings more peace and happiness that anything. There's no fear, no
guilt, and the Spirit is there to comfort me when I need it. I love
you!

Love Elder Alexander
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment