Monday, June 23, 2014

A little boy pointed at me and said, "You look like Joseph Smith!"

June 23, 2014
Hello Mother,
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day this week
Mommy, thank you so much for all of your love and support. I'm so
grateful for such a loving and patient Mother, I look to your example
often. Your selfless love and forgiveness is an incredible attribute
that I admire in you. Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Well, we are moved. The apartment is all set up now, we got bunk beds,
and our new Bishop gave us some old couches. It's home sweet home now.
 In our study room me and Elder Ault have our Constitutions and Declarations
hung up, reminds me a lot of home haha. We are sure proud to be American, 
and even more proud to be Mormon.

The new Ward us super awesome. It's very diverse, we have really
wealthy people up north and then we have a ghetto apartment complex
down south, with some in middle class in between. It's awesome! Fun
fact, tons of people in our Ward were in the Air Force, it seriously
seems like every other person we visit was in the Air Force. Our Ward
Mission Leader, Brother B....., is really cool. They fed us on
Wednesday, our first night in the area, and he was actually a Dentist
in the Air Force.

We have a few people to teach but we are looking for more. F......and
his mother D....... are really the only solid investigators. He came
to church yesterday and stayed all three hours! D....... isn't as
interested but the Sisters said that as they've met with them she has
started to soften her heart, we are meeting with them tonight so that
should be great.

There is also a family that was recently baptized! C.... and D......
And their kids. I actually interviewed C.... for baptism so I already know them! 
D.... is from New York. They have been together for 8 years but just got married in
May. They're so funny and the gospel is helping them a lot. I'm
excited to get to know them better.

Thank you for the prayers! We have been able to stay a lot busier. The
Ward is a little nervous about having Elders again because before the
Sisters came they had a set of Elders that caused all sorts of
problems. So we get a lot of hesitant remarks about how they miss the
Sisters haha. But we went to Ward council yesterday and presented the
Ward Council Process that President Jenkins has asked us to focus on
and it went really well. I think they know we want to work.

We introduced ourselves to the Primary yesterday and as we left a
little boy pointed at me and said, "You look like Joseph Smith!" That
was pretty cool. By the way there is a lady that is driving through
the valley and might bring you some stuff so be on the look out! I
think she is driving up wed. If there is anything you would like
to send down with her as well you can do that! I might be in for some
new garments. A few Dri Lux with the lower collar, try something other
than crew.

Love you!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment