Monday, August 11, 2014

The founding fathers were inspired by God.

June 30, 2014
I'm very glad that you received all of that stuff from those members.
It was funny that there were two people going up and offered to take
some stuff for me in one week, I sure grabbed onto that opportunity.
As you can probably tell I had a lot of stuff I wasn't sure what to do
with, hopefully you can store them in my room for me and we can go
through it when I get back. I'm also glad you got your grocery bag
holder, I know it's nothing too fancy but I hope you enjoy it! :) I
love you Momma.

The new area is coming along great! Last week and this next week are
going to be interesting because it seems like half the Ward was gone
last week and the other half is going to be gone this week. But we are
still managing! We really want to involve the Ward in our work so we
have spent a lot of time getting to know them. That's one of the
regrets I have from Apache Junction. We were super busy, had tons of
people to teach, but we didn't help the Ward build in it's missionary
efforts. Everything we built up, investigator wise, crashed because
the members weren't there to hold it up. As the missionaries we were
the ones that drove everything and that's not how it should be.

Our Ward has been really receptive and it's been very nice to get to
know so many great people. Fr..... came to church yesterday. He and
his Mom are headed up to Sadona for a week so we will get a hold of
them next weekend and figure things out. We also have an appointment
with a Part Member Family that we have an appointment with on
Thursday. They were recently married and apparently the non member
husband, G......, told the Sisters that he was interested to learn the
gospel. ALSO some missionaries accidentally went tracting in our area
and they found a guy named B......, we are going to meet him and his
family on Thursday as well. Good things are happening!

We are very excited to enter this Independence Week. Me and Elder Ault
gave a last minute training in District Meeting on the Constitution.
Papa would have been proud haha. It was pretty fantastic. We talked
about how the founding fathers were inspired by God and how liberty is
dependent upon righteousness. It Was. Fantastic. Probably my favorite
training I've ever done, we didn't even prepare beforehand we just got
up and spoke.

Funny story. Last night before bed I was messing around on our pull up
bar (Elder Ault is trying to kick me into shape) and I had a bit of an
accident. I started swinging around on it when suddenly it swung off
of the doorway. I happened to have my back parallel to the ground and
plummeted to the ground from basically the peak of the doorway. I
wouldn't say it especially hurt but the wind was knocked out of me for
a good minute haha. I slept well.

I love you all! Remember the freedom's that we have been given. God
Bless the USA.

-Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad



A gentleman in our Ward, Brother Owens, had us over yesterday. He told us a fictional story about Judas that he tells in some of his classes and I'm holding the representation of the 30 pieces of silver. They're silver pieces from Canada. He said I was holding about $1000 of silver.

This is a huge cactus.

Brother Williams, the one we helped hammer out the pool, gave us these
"Official Man Cards" for wielding a jackhammer haha. This is what the
front and back look like.

                                        Brother Owens also made these for me and E. Ault. They're really sweet. 
                                        The gold is a brass mold of the Mesa temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment