Monday, August 18, 2014

Painting orange trees is a big hit here.

Aug 18, 2014
Hello,
This week was a little bit slower and held a lot of trials of faith
within. This seems to be a reoccurring theme throughout my mission
though, weeks of plenty are followed by weeks of famine. But that's
how we grow! I actually gave a training about that in our Zone Meeting
this week, so a tough week was very appropriate. Not everything was bad
though!

As far as those we are teaching go, M..... and K.... are in fact
moving. But the good news is that they are moving to California where
K.... mom's family lives. K.... mom wasn't active for a long time
but apparently every time her sister came to town she would make her
go to church, so they will have support. We weren't able to meet with
them this week so that was sad. We showed up to do a family home
evening with the L....... Monday night and they invited F..... and
D.....! It was really good and then we taught them Thursday. When
we showed up F..... told us that his uncle kept bugging him about
converting and he said he was probably going to when he gets back from
his hunting trip in September! We read 3 Nephi 11 with them and D......
just kept saying that it made sense! They are great. A.... and K.....
were sick all week as well as D.....

We have had more opportunities to serve though! I'm glad you enjoyed
our new video and my new tan suit. Guess how much it cost... $3! :)
Gotta love 360 Thrift! Painting orange trees is a big hit, there are
plenty of them down here! And I can't tell you what family we did it
with, they swore us to secrecy, but we helped them butcher some ducks!
It was crazy!

Probably the highlight of my week was Saturday morning. We had the
opportunity to have a Special MLC with Elder Lynn G. Robbins. It was
incredible! He instructed us for 3 hours and could have kept going for
hours except he had another meeting, unfortunately. He talked about
how agency and responsibility are inseparably connected and effect
each other. He covered a lot so it would be hard to explain, I will
just have to show you my notes when I get home! But I can say that I
know he is a man of God, the things he said were able to change the
way I think and my desire to serve! Elder Nelson will be coming in Sept. Pretty exciting!


Well, I love you lots!

Elder Alexander

Sent from my iPad



Trimming palm trees like it's my job.
Plenty of trees to trim
                                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                 Skinned and gutted this bad boy myself.
                                                                                            
                                             

           
                 

The things you find in the alleys of Mesa.











Me and a blind turtle.

These sword pictures are at Brother Owens house. He has what is
believed to be the Masonic sword of Hyrum Smith.













No comments:

Post a Comment