Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I'm very grateful to receive instruction from such wise men lately!

Aug 26, 2014
Hello,
First off I will apologize for forgetting to tell you P Day is on
Tuesday this week. I'm sure I got you all kinds of worried yesterday,
I spaced it until Monday night and it was just too late, sorry sorry!
The reason P Day is Tuesday is because Elder Schwitzer of
the Seventy visited our mission yesterday, so half the mission had P
Day yesterday and the other half has it today. We met with Elder
Schwitzer yesterday morning from 8-11:30 in a Special MLC. And then
from 1:30-5 he met with our Zone and about five others, 7 hours of
meetings can be long but it was well worth it! I'm very grateful for
the opportunities I have had to receive instruction from such wise men
lately! I don't know if I mentioned it but there is a member of the
Quorum of the Twelve coming down here on Sept 20, what a blessing!
Once again it would be hard to summarize all that I learned but here
is a fun fact he told us: one of the Twelve Apostles will stay home
from each session of General Conference just in case somebody tries to
take them all out. That way the keys that are necessary for salvation
and have been restored to the church today will all go to that last
remaining Apostle.

Anyways, to answer some of your questions. We haven't eaten any of
that duck yet but I'm sure we will have some soon, she has a lot of
creatures. As far as painting the orange trees, it is mostly for bugs
like you assumed and I think it also helps with the hot AZ sun that is
beating on the trunks all summer. We are quite the tree painters now!
The sister that wrote on my wall about her baptism is from my first
area. She has been taught by so many different missionaries and when I
was with Elder Kiene we started teaching her again. When I left the
area she had a date for baptism but the same thing that has always
stopped her got her again, smoking. Now over a year later she and her
husband are getting baptized! It's a miracle, seriously.

 As for the flooding we have had a couple of storms but have avoided much
flooding. Since the ground is so dry and hard here the water starts
flowing down the road like a river very easily. And last but not
least, I did get my package. Thank you so much!

Things are going well in the area. I think I mentioned before "The
Ward Council Process"nth at we have initiated in the 18th Ward. It is
a focus in the mission and what happens is each Auxiliary chooses five
families that they invite the missionaries to teach. Well, that
happened this week and we have had a lot more teaching opportunities!
The list includes part member families and less active members. As
well as active members who need a little help, it is a great way to
make sure we are doing the work that the Ward wants us to. It has
really helped bring us together with the Ward.

Last night we taught K-- for the last time, we have been doing a lot
of object lessons and it really helps with the people that have a hard
time focusing. He gave me a hug and told me I was nice and famous,
good kid. As for K---- and A---l they are doing good also, we are
meeting with them twice this week and hen they are going up to Utah
for a visit.

I have to get going but I will give you an in depth bio of each of our
investigators next week, hopefully there will be some new ones!

Love you,

Love, Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment