Monday, June 17, 2013

I LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON

JUNE 17, 2013

I got a giant brownie in one ward and some cake in another. I wasn't gonna tell em I'm not a father if they're offering that! I'm gaining a little weight, but I'm over it. 
This week is one of those weeks where I don't do a day by day report, because we had cancellations and cancellations. It was definitely Heavenly Father flicking me in the nose and getting me back on track which I appreciate.This week was not as easy as the rest but that's the point, right? Heavenly Father knows me so well, He knows when I'm getting prideful even when I can't tell. But He taught me so much this week. Because we had a lot of cancellations, dropped investigators, and stopped by a bunch of member referrals of people who weren't interested, I learned a valuable lesson. We taught the Plan of Salvation looooooads this week. It was the bomb.We taught simply too which was cool, people actually accepted it!  I am so grateful for it, and for the power it has. IT's so simple, and so amazing. I love being able to share that incredible message with everyone I meet.
 Me and Elder Salesulu are still together, he was thinking he'd get his visa this week but he's still stuck with me! We're having fun though and learning a lot. I got the packages and I really appreciate them!

It's getting pretty hot, and there is no such thing as a breeze in Arizona. It's just heat, and more heat. Apparently this is one of the hottest summers ever for this time of year, it's basically been consistently over 110 every day and I love it! The sun is so bright though. Those clip on shades that you sent me are a dream. If it wasn't dishonest we talked about me pretending to be blind in order to help people listen to us. But I don't think that's appropriate.

We stopped by a lot of member referrals this week. Not interested. One guy named Mark was pretty weird. He looked at me and said, "You're 19 right?" I said yes, how'd you know? And he told me the Lord told him. Then Elder Salesulu said, "How old am I?" And Mark said 20. Elder Salesulu asked him how he knew and he said the Lord told him. That's when Elder Salesulu told him he's 24 and Mark told us he's Lutheran and closed the door. People, people, people.
Remember Jerry? The one that had been in prison? I don't know if I told you but we found his records and he moved out of the ward, but he came back this week and I got to see him again! He's doing awesome, he always says, "Ya see?" It's pretty old school. Like, "I read the Book of Mormon ya see?" I don't know if this is making sense, but I love him. He's so much happier than when he first got out.
I got the emails from all of my friends and that was pretty awesome. They all sound so good and it's amazing to be serving with them at the same time. Tanner's hilarious, I don't know how he does it. I have lost my ability to be funny. I am purely old man church humor now. Nothing but, all day every day.
Today we're going over to Phoenix as a Zone and going to the Arizona Science Center, the mission splits in 2 weeks! So we're going to hurry and do it before we can't go there anymore. President is on his way out, he wrote me a letter today. It was really nice. Just a couple sentences but it was awesome. I love him a lot, and I'll miss him. But I know President Jenkins has been called by God and I can't wait to serve with him too!
Not that I'm counting but I hit my 5 month mark yesterday and I just thought of how much I have learned. I am far from a scriptorian, I honestly have no clue what is in most of the Old Testament but I have learned so much about who My Savior truly is. I finished Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage this week and I almost dies. Jesus Christ is so much realer to me than He ever has been before. I still have so much to learn and can do so much more to draw closer to Him but I know He's there for me and I'm so grateful.
I'm trying to do all I can! And I love this work, the heat rules, sweating rules, getting turned away rules, because the gospel rules and I know Heavenly Father will be there to lift me up through it all.

I have also been trying to hand myself completely over to the Lord. I want to be everything He wants, and I've been trying to figure out what I can do to fully give Him everything. I came across a scripture in Heleman 3:35. Blew me away. I want to be sanctified by the Lord and the only way to really do that is to give Him your heart. He can't do anything with until it's in His hands and it's amazing how He makes us work for it. He loves us and He knows what is going to make us grow. We are the ones who have to figure it all out.
Still teaching and learning. Loving the heat down here! (Thank you for the world update, I like those.)              Love you lots,

Elder Alexander
 


No comments:

Post a Comment