Friday, June 28, 2013

MY NEW NAME IS BUDDY HOLLY

 June 24, 2013

Hi Mommy,
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! It makes me laugh every time that on that calendar you gave me, you put your birthday on the last day and had to correct yourself haha. I love you lots and I hope you have a great day on your birthday! Well everyday, but especially on your birthday.
That broadcast yesterday was the bomb! I sure loved it a lot. Those prophets are the greatest, I'm so very grateful that we have the knowledge that we do and we have a prophet to guide us on this earth today! To answer some of your questions, I'm pretty positive that I will be in the Mesa mission. Unless there is some sort of fall out. It depends on where you are serving, currently I'm serving in the Mesa mission. The split takes place next Monday! So we'll see, but I think we can be pretty confident in saying that I'll be in the Mesa mission. Which means that my address will be changing! So stay posted for that. Me and Elder Salesulu are still going strong, he's stuck in good ol Mesa for now. But it could be literally any day now. He's excited to leave... Haha. But he's a good missionary.
I'm sure soon enough that I will get a picture with the new President! He'll be here in 4 days, so crazy. The time has come. I have a feeling that I'm going to head out to Globe whenever I end up getting transferred. I feel it in my bones.

I gave a talk in sacrament and taught Gospel principles class, about putting our trust in Jesus Christ while we do missionary work. About how we can have trust in Him that as we do what He has asked that we need not fear because He will lift us up. It went pretty well and I learned a lot. In John 16:33 Christ tells us yeah you're going to have struggles but don't worry about it I've overcome them. Just rely on Me and you can get some peace. (Obviously not how he said it but you get the point.)

Sorry I haven't been doing day by day explanations, but the last couple weeks haven't been as eventful. We're trying to find more people and not having as much luck as we were. A lot of our people have stopped meeting with us, they just weren't ready. It's so sad because of course I know this is true. It's going to bless their life. Way more than work, or beer, or smoking. But they can't see that. It's really unfortunate. But I'm grateful for the opportunity to bear my testimony to so many different people. It's amazing to feel my testimony grow as it is born.
As you said it's always great when your'e serving the Lord! We're having a hard time finding but I hope our members will have the desire to fellowship they're neighbors after yesterday.
 It's so amazing how the Lord is hastening the work. It's incredible! We have so much to do! I'm so excited to be serving at this time, I know there are so many that are prepared. A lot of people aren't ready as well but I know if we do all we can the ones that are ready will surface. It's just a matter of time.

I read Helaman 10 this morning. Amazing. I just want Heavenly Father to be able to trust me in the way that He trusted Nephi. I'm trying, but I love Him and I know He recognizes.
The enabling power of the Atonement is incredible. I know that because of what Christ did I can have eternal life and I am so grateful for that but I am even more grateful for the fact that because of what He did for me personally I can be better. I can improve and I don't have to stop moving forward. No matter what, if I put my full faith and trust in Him I can achieve incredible things. I love Him for that.
We have an investigator and a member that call me Buddy (Buddy Holly) haha. I love it, they're awesome guys. Hermano and Mike. Mike is Denise's husband (she's a member) and he's reading the Book of Mormon. He told us he's not in it to be converted, but we'll see about that haha.
Thank you so much for the support and I'm not sure if I'm really in need of anything else. I'm pretty well taken care of down here! I'm excited for that water tube to get here though! DOn't worry I'm staying as hydrated as possible and I haven't gotten sunburned yet. Sunscreen all day every day. Thank you thank you! Tell Elyse and Dal I love em and tell Adam that one email for 2 years of service doesn't cut it, and I want to hear from him. Tell Jayce that Georgie loves him.

Love you!

Love Elder Alexander



               My last picture with President and Sister Ellsworth :'(


 This is Elder Bowerman. He was my Zone Leader when I first came out. I saw him on Thursday at the temple, he's going to be in the Mesa mission as well! 
        This is my good friend Elder Stockdale. He is going to be in the Scottsdale mission and I had the            opportunity to see him one last time before the mission split.

  This is the man, the legend, Elder Quiner. He is an ASL Elder and he will be in the Scottsdale mission. He was in my Zone for my first two transfers. Oh boy, I love him. That dang mission split.


No comments:

Post a Comment