Thursday, June 13, 2013

JUNE 10, 2013

Alot happened this week. I am exhausted

Thank you for sending that package so soon, you are just the best! I love hearing about the pointless things the family is up to! I saw that I got an email from Jen and I'm pretty excited to read it, tell everyone I love them a lot! I try not to miss them, but sometimes I do. Then I get to work and get over it. But I still love them! Well this week was crazy. A lot happened. I have been exhausted. All week. I guess that's good though. There are loads of new missionaries coming in, we're up to 235 missionaries in the mission! Plenty of visa waiters. But I'll talk about that later, and Here. We. Go.

Monday-
After emails we headed to Wendy's for lunch. A nice Sister purchased it for us which is always nice. Some teenagers were in there and they all had shirts that said, "Jesus made us friends with God." I love everybody, but really? Anyways, afterwards we headed over to the 99 cent Store. That place is a dream. It's like the dollar store, but they have actually good things. I was in heaven. I got loads of supplies like highlighters, and white out. It was great. Then we hit up Goodwill, got me a tie for 2 dollars and a toaster for 3. Pretty good trip. That night we ate with the Star's, an old couple. They were very kind. We stopped by Sarah and Hector and talked to them for a little while, read some scriptures. I love them so much. Sarah has changed so much and Hector is the best.
Tuesday-
Tuesday morning we stopped by Debbie and just followed up on her reading. She's been reading and coming to church a lot which is very exciting. After lunch (We went to Moki's (A Hawaiian restaurant) and a guy walked up to us as we went to pay and said it's on me, gave us $25. And then the cashier was a recently returned missionary and he said don't worry about paying. So we made $25 for going to lunch) we had a lesson with Lisa. All three of her kids were baptized, two have already been married in the temple to return missionaries. We had a sort of break through lesson where she admitted that she is teetering between Mormon and Seventh Day Adventist but she's leaning towards Mormon because she's starting to agree with everything, before that all of her comments had been very doubtful. After finishing up Elder Kiene's packing we went to dinner at Sonic and talked to Nicole. After as we were riding to our next appointment a lady pulled over and gave us $15. Everybody loved us this week. It was ridiculous.
Wednesday-
Transfer Day!! Basically half the mission was there, last transfer before the split. I saw Elder Weston he's doing great, staying over in Phoenix. Everyone from my MTC District was there too. We're being split right in the middle. 3 in the Scottsdale mission, 3 in the Mesa mission. (For now at least). My MTC companion Elder Keeler is already a Zone Leader! Whaaaaat? He's a good missionary that's for sure. I'm glad I got to be at this last Transfer meeting, it was cool to see President for that last time. So. My new companion. His name is Elder Salelulu (Saw Lay Soo Loo). He is from Compton, California. He is headed to Sydney, Australia on his mission. Speaking Samoan! He rules. His parents are converts from Samoa and he was born and raised in Compton. Needless to say he's pretty hard core. He's been on his mission since April 24th. In the MTC for 2 weeks (already knows Samoan) and has been in Mesa for a bit. SO his Visa could be here anytime now but I'm happy to have him! So we're learning together! It's been a great experience to have to talk so much haha. I've learned a ton because I have to teach Elder Salesulu things that I haven't even mastered but it's been the best thing for me! Heavenly Father sure knows what he's doing. We taught a tough lesson to a guy named Eric. It was exhausting. We also taught Jesus and Sarah. It was a good one.
Thursday-
Pretty uneventful. Got a flat tire. Did service for 3 hours for Bear and taught Kace a lesson. He should be getting baptized on the 22nd.
Friday-
Taught Jay. He's close. He just needs to act and then he will get his answer. Weeeekly Plannnning. That's always fun. Then we taught Debbie and Jesus. Loads of lessons this week.
Saturday-
We had two miracles. We received a referral. For a man named Dalton. We called his friend Taylor and now he's a new investigator. Really good guy. Mid 20's, scared we'll have to pass him off to the Single's Ward. But we'll see! Then we went to dinner with the Poormon's. The husband isn't a member. Usually we are told not to bring up the church at all. All of a sudden he's asking us questions and we're laughing and having a great discussion. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon and told us we can stop by again and talk. He's awesome. We had an investigator named Brittany ask us for a bird cage because a wild bird flew into her apartment and she wants to keep it. So we found one. Service for days.
Sunday-
The Sabbath. Another miracle or two. A family brought a friend to church. By the end of the day, Carlos was a new investigator. Had a couple of lessons and ate dinner with the Thatcher's. So his name is Ziggy not Izzy. My mistake. But it was cool talking to Brother Thatcher about what it was like teaching him. He was brand new at the time and at first they would just play basketball with him on P Days and all of a sudden he was baptized. Brother Thatcher obviously had a Detroit Lions hat already haha.

We dropped a lot of those investigators that were part of the rush but we also got 4 new ones so I'm ok with that! The members are getting excited and I love that. I love that they recognize me now, except for I got called Elder Anderson twice yesterday. Not ok.

We had a lot of miracles this week. It's been crazy to see how much the area has grown since I got here. I remember my first night in the area we had no set appointments and I think we had like 6 member present lessons that week. But for Elder Salesulu's first night we had 3 member present lessons in 3 hours and ended with 15 member presents for the week. Heavenly Father has been blessing us a lot. It's funny how sometimes we'll be working really hard and not seeing much come from it and then all of a sudden we get a random referral that makes everything better. It's completely unrelated but it's totally related. Heavenly Father blesses us for diligence and obedience, when we do what He wants we let Him bless us. He wants to we just have to let Him. 

 I'm grateful for your testimony and all you do for our family. I pray for you guys erry night and I give thanks to Heavenly Father that I can be with you forever. Keep up the hard work. I know that the church has been reestablished. Christ's church. Not a man's church, but the only true church of the Son of God. Thank you for helping me gain that testimony.
Great week. Super busy. I'm exhausted. I love my new companion. Life is good. Thank you for everything. I love you so so much.
Until we meet again,
Love, Elder ALexander


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential a

No comments:

Post a Comment