Tuesday, May 14, 2013

April 01, 2013

This Easter season has been incredible
I'm glad to hear the fam is doing so well. This Easter season has been incredible, trying to be closer to the Savior than I have ever been before. It has been incredible. I did get the packages and I am doing pretty well, my fam and friends take care of me so well. I am so blessed. Sooo let me take you through this week, it was a good one.
 So Monday before dinner we went over to see S and H. We watched a movie called How Rare is Our Possession about the Book of Mormon. It tells the story of Parly P Pratt,  this Italian guy and how they gained a testimony. We showed it because she is starting the Book of Mormon. Afterwards we talked about baptism. (A huge hold back is she and H are not married and she doesn't want to get married). But I asked her once she finds out this is true if she will get baptized. She said definitely. Then they brought up marriage. And I asked if she would really let that hold her back. She said no. It was a pretty good meeting. She's very close. That night I got all my letters from the past three weeks, the office was having trouble with my mail or something So that was nice!
Then came Tuesday. That morning we went and saw L. Her children, all three of them, were baptized when they turned 18. Their father wouldn't let them before that. She is investigating again. But this time she says it is for her not her kids which is exciting. We had a great lesson and she wants to set up a weekly discussion group where she can ask questions haha. That night we saw H. Monday was her first day with absolutely no cigarettes. She was going strong! We taught her the Plan of Salvation, two kids Sister Carvhalo and Brother Glasgow, who are both preparing for missions came. (Carvhalo to Brazil and Glasgow to London South.) (Speaking of Brazil I heard Tan made it there, that's awesome.) Anyways it was a great lesson and the spirit was strong. Afterwards she asked for me to give her a blessing of comfort, it was a great experience.
On Wednesday I went on a split with the Spanish Elders. Swanson and Barfuss. It was a good experience. They taught me how to pray and I said the prayer at dinner. The lady we ate with didn't speak much english. It was so fun. Those Elders are awesome. They're both new to the area so it was an interesting day but I loved it. It's awesome to get to know so many people, that's something I really love. All the different people. Wednesday night was my first exposure to the Easter pagaent. It was beautiful!!! I have included pics. I loved it. I'm sure I'll make it a tradition for the rest of my life. There are so many people there, and loads of missionaries.
Thursday morning I found myself back in the presence of my companion, Elder Weston. While we were studying I fell off my chair and he accidently kicked me in the face. We went and talked to Sister Anderson and got everything squared away. She was the biggest miracle. You don't even know. She was so prepared. Our prayers were answered and my faith has exploded. Sister Anderson had her interview at 3 and she..... PASSED. Of Course. That night I once again found myself at the Easter Pagaent with the G family. (We are allowed to go 3 times) We learned that the daughter doesn't know much of anything about Christ. But she felt the Spirit and told us that she loves the feeling of when we come over. She feels the Spirit. She will change. I can't wait.
Friday was pretty mundane. We had  to plan, weekly planning. Where we plan the whole next week. It's a blessing, and a trial. Haha. Sister Anderson wanted to go to the Easter Pageant so we went earlier, about 5:30, and saved seats. We found some people from our ward, a young man who is about to leave on his mission in the West Indies on April 10th, and talked to them. I was calling Sister Brumett to see if she could cut me hair just minding my own business. When all of a sudden I glance over and there stands the Wood family. I was in shock. It was sooooooo weird. Hhahah woooo. Tell them it was way good to see them. I was in such shock I don't think that I ever got to tell them that!! wow. SMALL WORLD. They were on vacation and heard about the pagaent and lo and behold they run in to me. 1 out of 200 missionaries in the Mesa mission. Anyways the pagaent was great and SIster Anderson loved it.
Saturday, Saturday. Elder Weston went to the temple with a family that he baptized a year ago and saw them get sealed. I was with Elder Pasquline (Brazil Boy) and we attended Sarah's baptism. It was so simple and so amazing. I gave a short talk about baptism. It is amazing that baptism is so simple. It's not some grandiose ceremony. It's simple. Because it's entering into that gate. That's what I realized. Baptism isn't the first step, but it is in no way the last step either. Not even close. It was an amazing day. She is now a member of the church. Did I mention she is pregnant? So in a years time she will be sealed to her baby and her husband. That's what she is working towards now. We are always progressing!
Sunday she was confirmed. Church was great, got to see a lot of people there. Talked to H and she has been strong all week!!!! She seems so happy and she was going to pay her tithing. What? Her faith has increased so much. She's awesome. Last night we ate at the Cotters. It was so goooood, and they had their family over. Mission stories for days. It was fun. We went and moved a couch for S and H and we are stopping by tonight to follow up and "test" her on her reading. That's what she wants us to do!!
You have always been such a great example to me. Through everything you loved me. That's what I needed. You are an incredible person father. I wouldn't be here without the way that you and Mother have come together to raise me up. I appreciate you so much.
Daddio. I love you. I am  so grateful for your testimony and everything that you teach me. Keep on guiding our family to the Celestial Kingdom. You are doing everything you need to. 
 I am seeing miracles out here. It's still hard at times but hey, not everything is supposed to work out. How would I grow if I was just skipping around all the time? Sometimes I need to be knocked down so I can get up. 
Well.... That's it! Great week. Gotta love. it. I love you all so very much, Easter has shown me how great it is to know that He Lives. In everything we do we can find comfort to know that he overcame everything. He went below it all so that He could rise above it. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's simplicity is incredible. Thank you so very much. I love you all. Tell everyone that missions rule. They're not all gumballs and rainbows. But oh boy do they rule. 

Love ya long time

Love Elder Alexander


These are the cards about the Easter Pageant we handed out on the streets to anybody

What a shocker to see the Wood Family at the Easter Pageant. Enjoyed every minute of it. It was so great to see them. Carly had this picture taken. Love it!!! 


Here are all the people waiting for the pageant to start.


The Easter Pageant



My companion and I enjoying ourselves watching the Easter Pagent at the Mesa Temple


When I was with the other elders I was able to see one of their investigators baptized.



What a beautiful day! It was so simple and amazing. I gave a short talk on baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment