Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 18, 2013

Hey oh Pops,
The Plan of Salvation is a tough lesson to teach. But it is one of my favorites. Because it fills me with so much hope and I know that the people who have been in the dark their whole lives are blown away and the Spirit can really touch them if they open their hearts.
 We have an investigator (that's what we call him for now because it's a rare situation) who was recently released from prison. I don't know if I told you about him but if I did, you're getting it again. He was in prison for 26 years, since 1987. That blows my mind. He is in his 60's, his name is J. He was a member when he was a young man but they can not find his records. We are searching for them. We aren't quite sure if we will need to baptize him or not. We will see. But he is a great man. He has tattoos and is pretty rough and tumbly but he is the sweetest man alive. We're taking him to the Visitors Center this week so he can continue to feel the Spirit. We taught him the first lesson just as a refresher and he was so thankful. Man I love him.
 I love your handwritten letters pop, some days I don't get the time to respond but they are gurrreat. I hope everything is going great for you.
 Everything is going pretty well. I can't remember if I told you about Sister Anderson but she recently moved into the ward and her husband is a member. We stopped by and she told us that she is basically ready to be baptized. We are going to set a date tonight for March 30th. Wish us luck! Also an investigator named S came to church yesterday, and she told us she doesn't want reading assignments anymore because she is going to start the Book of Mormon from the beginning and will be attending church every week. She has a baby with H and they have a baby. That's what holding her back, The Law of Chastity, but she will be baptized soon.
The weather isn't toooooo bad yet. It's hot, and I sweat, but I can handle it well enough. I haven't recieved that package yet but it should be here sometime this week. Thank you very much mother, I lov you a lot. You spoil me.
 I was pretty shocked to hear about Richard's passing. How did he pass away? How are you holding up? I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. It is such a blessing. To have the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again. I truly can't imagine living without that knowledge. There is no way I would be happy. I love you so much Mom.
  That's good you got to see Elyse and Dallas. I love them alot. I am definitely keeping Elyse in my prayers. I pray for her every night.              
 The other day me and Elder Weston went to a members house and they had this little pug and it sounded like a little screaming child. That night we were imitating it on our bikes when all of a sudden a pit bull flies out from the darkness and persues us. It was so funny, it didn't chase us too long. But you know how I am on a bike. I'm unstoppable.
 Well I love you a lot Dad. I'm learning so much and I hope I am making you proud. I am trying everyday to focus on what the Lord would have me do. And I am so grateful that you raised me the way you did. And never give up on me even when it probably would have been a little easier to. 
Elder ALexander

No comments:

Post a Comment