Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Feb 25, 2013

Free agency is the greatest gift and hard to accept sometimes

Ello,

That mission split is crazy huh? One of our members showed us. They have the president called for all three and they will begin in July. So we will see what happens! I would love to stay in Mesa, and I think I should be in this area still come July so keep your fingers crossed! I'm excited to see where I end up and especially what the boundaries will be for these new missions. Hopefully Farmington New Mexico mission gets out of AZ and Mesa picks up some of the reservations they stole. I'm excited to find out!! The work is definitely hastening. Hopefully there will come a time where every ward down here has a companionship.
 The split I went on was nice. Elder Stockdale has been out for 6 months and is from Idaho. I like him a ton. His companion is a visa waiter waiting to go to India so he could be gone any day. But they are white washing an area which means they are both new to the area as of 2 weeks ago. So it was an awesome experience to see how that is handled. I loved it.
 Investigators are doing well. Free agency is the greatest gift but sometimes you gotta hate it, haha. It's just so difficult to help these people understand why this is so important. I was reading in 1 Nephi (13-16) this morning and it's when Laman and Lemuel are questioning Lehi's vision and stuff. And Nephi simply asks if they have asked the Lord. And obviously they hadn't. We are simply messengers and people need to find out for themselves. 
Tell Steve and Tiff hello. Still expecting a little drawing from cute littles Kelsey.
 I miss your gospel doctrine lessons. We have this thing here called gospel principles class where we split into smaller groups and discuss this book. I like your teaching better. You know how to do it papa. 
It's funny that 3 hours of church used to seem so long to me, because now I'm there from 8 to 230 every Sunday and it flies by haha. We have some great wards.
 Oh Jayce, you need to send me some pictures of him growing right up. I meet a lot of kids but they are not as cute as Jayce. But I am forgetting what he looks like. I want a Ninja Turtle costume picture for sure.
 Glad to hear all is well, I love hearing from you guys. We have a lot going on this week which is exciting. I have another Exchange with Elder Moala. He is from New Zealand and played for the All Blacks Junior team before he came on his mish so he may be on the All Blacks rugby team when he goes home. He is awesome, I'm excited. and I'll be in a CAR!!! haha, my bike is awesome though. I love her a lot.
 I am eating pretty darn good I have to say mom. Except for Saturday, Saturday I ate a lot of cookies. But at dinners (which we have literally every night. We only have to make breakfast and lunch.) I am courteous and only take what I am going to eat but I don't eat a ton. The only thing I didn't eat was at this old couples house they gave us pineapple with cottage cheese. I tried, I really did. I ate half of it but I just couldn't do it
 We went and ate dinner at a members house this week. He believes in Big Foot. He really does, and that's all we could talk about, he wouldn't talk about anything else. He gave us his card with this picture he took of "Big Foot" in Eastern Arizona, and oh my gosh. It is so funny! He brought out these casts of foot prints he has found  But I was really nice and just let him talk. He is an active member,  He firmly believes, and apparently he's like a celebrity in the Big Foot community. I guess he has been on animal planet. But where he lost me is when he said there will come a day when the gospel will be preached to the big foot people.. Honestly, it was so hard not to laugh mother. But I love people so much. 
But, yeah, everything is going good. Attended my first baptism this week for one of Elder Stockdale and Elder Child's investigators. It was a great experience. Just moving forward with our current investigators. We have a goal of baptising 5 by the end of March. We are praying mightily that the Spirit will touch peoples hearts through our diligence. I'm excited to see the miracles of the Lord.
Well, I'm running short on time and I want to send Elyse a quick email. But I sure love you a lot. Thanks for always stickin with me. My hair has grown a bit but I'm gonna let it grow a little longer, It's still acceptable and then there is a lady in the ward that cuts hair at her house so I'm going to ask her if she will cut it.
I Love you a lot, Keep on Keepin on.
Love Elder ALexander 
Ps. COuld you send a package with my long sleeve Mexico shirt, maybe my grand canyon shirt and like 2 other shirts, a zip up hoodie for the mornings, and maybe my black jeans? I need a little more clothing. Maybe a couple more ties? And a tie organizer to hang my ties on for my closet? That would help, I know I'm needy. But I know you love me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment