Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 06. 2013

Baptism
That sounds like a pretty good plan on the blog, I definitely don't mind! It has been pretty nice to see the blogs from my friends and hear their stories. I also realized that they're all way more funny than I am. So I guess I'll try harder, 3 months in the heat has sucked the humor right out of me! Thank you so much for taking care of me :)
Well this week was full of miracles! On Monday I had my first scorpion experience. So that was fun. I picked up my back pack as we were headed to dinner and boom. There's a scorpion falling off of my backpack. It hit my hand as it fell and landed on my study desk. At first it didn't register what it was, but it was definitely a scorpion. When I realized what it was about 8 seconds later I abruptly stated. "Oh my gosh that's a scorpion." He knew he'd been discovered. So he scurried off the edge of the desk and made a bolt for it, surprisingly though scorpions aren't really that fast. I theory is that they're really prideful and think no one can catch em. But we definitely got him and spent the next minute or so taking turns stomping on him. Luckily we walked away with our lives.
That night we had a nice lesson with C and got her all prepped for the upcoming week. Monday was life threatening. But good.
On Tuesday we had a nice lesson with L. We taught her about prophets and helped her realized that they had to be called from God. We asked her what she would do if this is true and we got a no hesitation "I'd get baptized." Now that's what we're looking for. So she's going to be praying about Thomas S. Monson this week and we will talk to her tomorrow! A lot of the rest of the day was spent contacting people, it was a pretty good day.
On Wednesday we had our first District Meeting with the new District, surprisingly I am the only one from Utah now! So that's fun. Our new Zone Leader Elder Kavanaugh is from South Dakota and I love him a lot. He's awesome. Our new district leader is Elder Fuentes and he is from Cali, and his companion is Elder Cabrerra from Honduras. And Elder Stockdale is training Elder Ward who is another Idaho boy. So many Idaho boys, and our new President in July is from Idaho, can't escape em! It was another day of contacting and working. There is this crazy phenomenon where if you get referrals out of your area and send them in to the office you get a referral in return. It always happens. We got like 6 referrals out of nowhere this week simply because Heavenly Father new we were working. That was awesome. Met with C and prepped her for her interview. She was so dang ready. We basically started filling up the font that night.
Thursday came along and I learned a great lesson. Every referral you receive doesn't mean you've all of a sudden have a baptism. We contacted 3 referrals. None were interested. But I also learned that our time wasn't wasted. We were working, searching. There are prepared people in our area and Heavenly Father will show them to us if we work. Show faith and work. It doesn't mean that everyone will fall over themselves to talk to us, but we will find them. We taught the G about tithing and it went really well! Their son is good to go for baptism on the 18th! And his sister is close. And C passed her interview!!! It was a great day. Also miracle moment. Some Elders from our zone called us up and informed us of a young man named K who was moving into our area and......... He has a baptism date already!! We're yet to meet him because he's in California but we can't wait to meet him. Miracles are the bomb.
Friday was uneventful. Contacting and a couple lessons!
Saturday was the big day. The baptism was at 10am. C asked me to talk about the Holy Ghost which I did, and it was really a good service. But C gave us a little scare. She didn't show up until 10. We were about to die. I was sooooooooo nervous, she just got caught up taking her son somewhere. They're supposed to be there a half an hour early so we were dying haha. But she made it!!! And she was baptized. One of her lead fellow shippers is a Sister that was baptized almost exactly a year ago. Her and her husband are going through the temple in a couple weeks. But she talked about baptism to C and it was so awesome. Tears all around. I love how simple the ceremony is. On Sunday I had the opportunity to stand in the circle as C was given the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was so strong and you could just tell C felt different afterwards. It was absolutely amazing. I don't think she could stop smiling if she wanted to.
I'm super grateful for the restoration and the authority that is present in the church. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church once again on this Earth. He loves us and that's why we have been given it. People can say all the anti stuff they want but I know if they softened their hearts they would feel the power of the Holy Ghost testifying to them as well.I totally agree about commandments, there's the kite comparison that I love that was part of the Walk with Christ thing. It's awesome. If you can't remember it look it up! It's so cool how the commandments are what help us reach our full potential, without them we would crash to the ground. 
The gospel is true and everyone needs to know it!!!
I'm excited to see you all next week, I'm getting a haircut today so that I will look presentable for you guys haha 
I need to get going but I love you a lot and Thank you so much for your words
.See ya in 6 days

 Elder Alexander




Letter from a companion to Parents

No comments:

Post a Comment