Thursday, May 16, 2013

Monday May 13, 2013










HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY





Sorry I was in such awe and wasn't the best conversationalist


Man,It was so amazing to see you all yesterday! It was so good to hear and see all of you! It was definitely a little weird to be talking just like I left yesterday. But I got to read the letter you wrote while Elder Kiene talked to his fam and it really helped me.  I don't remember exactly what it was but something you wrote just flipped a switch in my brain and I decided that I was ok, and I'll see you on Christmas!! It's just that simple I had work to do last night and we did it. I've got work to do. The Lord's work, not just busy work. I promise I'll be a better talker on Christmas :) I love you so much Mom and I didn't get to tell you enough yesterday!! I thought about you all day as people talked about their Mothers at church, they tried to glorify theirs but it was hopeless because I already knew mine is the best! Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you.

Yeah this week was crazy. All those new investigators, it was awesome. We also set a baptism date with Jesus last night! What? Yeah he's getting baptized on the 25th of May. We just told him, Jesus, this is either true or it's not. Let's get on our knees and we will all pray to Our Father in Heaven and find out why you don't feel it yet. We each took turns saying a verbal prayer, he was last. And by golly he felt it!!!!! It was amazing. So excited. We also got everything set for Sean so he will be baptized this Saturday. Miracle May is in full force!!!!!
Funny thing, this week EVERYONE felt the need to swear in our presence. Investigators (The G- family for instance) who we had never heard swear before swore like 6 times in front of us. It was so weird, AND THEN we had like 3 lessons outside because we couldn't find a 3rd male to come with us so we couldn't go inside. During all 3 of those lessons someone drove by and yelled profane things at us while we taught. Well guess what, we used that as part of the lesson we taught and helped our investigators realize the benefits of living the gospel. Take that Satan.
It was all in all a great week and was topped off as I got to see all of your wonderful faces!! Tell Jen that I am expecting some of her questions about the Book of Mormon, and Adam too! I was so happy to hear that they are getting married on July 20th. Jayce deserves to grow up in a home that is not divided and that is such an awesome. I think sometimes we forgot how important marriage is, at least before my mission I didn't quite understand. But it is so essential to God's plan and they are going to be blessed for that! And I'm excited to see my cutout standing there with the fam.
My prayers are with the Lambourne family, as well as Travis. One of the new investigators that we found had just recently lost her brother. As I testified to her the comfort that the Restoration brings that we don't have to worry or believe that is the end it really hit me. That it is true. That is such an incredible story about The Apostle giving her a blessing, she has such an incredible calling at this time. She will be blessed and we can be comforted to know that she is happy. She is comfortable, she doesn't have to worry and neither do we. I send my love to the Lambournes, they're an incredible family.
I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation once again. I love it so much. We got so much of what we know about it from the Book of Mormon and from Joseph Smith and other prophets, what a blessing. We know where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going. We don't even have to worry at all. As long as we know.
I am grateful that you are be blessed. I pray that my service renders blessings upon all that I love, and I know my Father in Heaven will take care of me as long as I'm doing we he wants.
I know this church is true. It's not just some religion or boring book, it changes lives. It blesses me every single day, and I'm grateful for this opportunity. Nobody deserves to wander through this life without knowing who they are and why they're here. I want everyone to know, it breaks my heart when people turn us away but I know there are people who will receive us and I know the message we share will change them. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and the fact that it was restored to this earth. I love my Savior and I'm grateful that He allows all of us to draw closer to him. He lives and He is there. Our Father in Heaven knows everything that we are going through and He wants to bless us. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, I know he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It is reality. And anyone can know, if they but soften their hearts. I love you, Dad, Adam, Jen, Elyse, Dallas, and Jayce so much.
Love Elder ALexander

PS- We are going bowling today so expect some good pics next week. I love you a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment