Wednesday, May 15, 2013

April 15 2013

 We have a loving Heavenly Father
 I guess it is supposed to get pretty hot in a couple weeks and that is where it really starts. Boom boom boom. The heat is on it's way and then I will be dead. Heat stroke for days. I love it. 
Well. Guess what happened Monday.... Go ahead and guess. Well I'll tell you. We met with C and........ She went to the Easter Pageant and the Spirit was able to touch her heart. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She will be getting baptized on April 27th. It's so amazing that if we simply ask the Lord in prayer, act, and have faith he will truly help us. He wants to bless us. That's the bottom line. This week was tough. I don't have a ton of stories. Tuesday was just one of those days. Everyone cancels. Literally everyone. No body is home. No body. But guess what. That doesn't matter you keep going. Keep working. Wednesday we stopped by a potential that we have been stopping by for a bit. when we first met him he was working on his car and wasn't very interested. We stopped by and he said he was worried about us and that he thought about us for some reason. It's just awesome to see people change. I see the makings of a miracle.
Thursday the G canceled  and S, the one who isn't married and reading the BoM, called and invited us over for pie. It was really good. And they actually talked about getting married. They're so close. S is so close. Once H can come back to church she will get baptized. Pray for her, we want to set a date for the 11th of May this week. I had an exchange on Saturday, I was with Elders Child and Stockdale. We did 5 hours of service It was a good day.Yesterday was a great day. 
Not much, it's just amazing to notice really suttle miracles. I'm very blessed. This is my last full week of training which I'm excited about. My confidence in my teaching has been faltering but I'll get back on it. I have to. We heard about the Boston marathon this morning. It's so sad to see where the world is. That's why we're here. It is our responsibility as a church to strengthen each other. That was a huge theme of conference I saw. (Mosiah 4 vs. 3 I believe) Check it out! It's truly amazing how simple acts of kindness can change peoples lives. It's so true that as the members of the church we have a responsibility. A calling. To spread the gospel, to lift up all those around us and build each other up. The knowledge we have can bless absolutely anyone. I got another one of your letters this week, it was a good one. I enjoy them a lot. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to send one to you, 
This week I kind of struggled. I have felt inadequate and at times unworthy to be preaching the gospel. In Testimony meeting a young man bore his testimony and talked about asking ourselves if God is proud of us. I stopped and thought about that. I know He is. I'm trying. I'm taking steps. It's just like what Uchtdorf talked about how God looks at us like a father looks at his son. Trying to walk. He doesn't scold him for falling he cheers him for trying. It's amazing. Truly amazing to know that we have a Loving Heavenly Father. Tonight we are teaching C the Plan of Salvation and I know it will truly bless her life. She will be touched and that knowledge that Our Father in Heaven loves us will bless her life.
It's so amazing that we have a prophet on the earth to guide us today. To help us in this age. I need to get going but I know that Joseph Smith restored the truth and power of God. He was an incredible man. Not perfect but incredible. I am so grateful for your example and love and for all that you do for me. I can't wait to continue to share these stories with you. Although I will try to do better with them haha.

Tell the fam I love them and I can't wait to hear from them all!!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment