Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mar 04, 2013

Elder Holland's Talk called Missionary work and the Atonement

It's good to hear that you an Mother are doing so well! Keep up the good work with that scripture study, I am working on getting the most out of my studies each day. Studying what I need or my investigators need.
I got your letter on Saturday but I don't know if I will have time to write you a letter today. We are going to be busy. It is the last packingless P Day of this transfer so the Zone is doing an activity for some fun times. So I won;'t have much time to write which is a bummer. 
You need to get that tire fixed so that my baby girl (cruiser at home) doesn't have to sit for too long. My bike is pretty nice. I love her. She's pretty good to me.
 This week was interesting because I was on three different transfers so I was only in my area for 3 days. One of those days was P Day. The other was weekly planning and then Sunday. So I didn't have much time there. But do you remember Angel? The old man who we set a date with. We got him to pray with us. He prayed to know the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon so that he can understand the story of Joseph Smith. It was awesome. He still won't come to church though which is a bummer. I read the last two paragraphs of the Introduction to the Book of Mormon and at one part is says that if you read and pray you will come to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and Joseph Smith is his revealator in these last days. Something to that effect.  And I got ahead of myself and read "That Joseph Smith is our Savior." I just stopped and made absolutely sure that he knew I had just mixed up my words and we most definitely do NOT believe that. He understood... It was the worst haha.
 I did bear my testimony in church this week. Of the power of the Restoration of the gospel. Each time we recite Joseph's recounting of the First Vision the Spirit just overcomes me. And I bore witness of the power of bearing your personal testimony. I love our wards. They are awesome.
But my exchanges went well. It's awesome what you can learn from each missionary and the different styles of everything. It was a great experience.
 But everything is so great. I'm having a great time and learning a lot. I think about you guys every night and pray for you as well.
 The mission has taught me a lot already. It has humbled me and shown me how much I still need to learn, and what I will have to continue to learn. It has taught me to rely on the Lord in absolutely everything I do and to appreciate what he did for me. I will never know what he went through, or how he feels about all of us. In order to do what he did he had to love us so much. But when I teach these people I feel like I feel some of that when I invite them and help them come unto him. It's incredible. I have no regret coming out here and I know it is where I am supposed to be. I love you Mom.
  This week we plan on setting a date with a family. The daughter is 18 and she works at Sonic. She is so close and once she commits I know she will know of the truthfulness and show her parents that it is true. I will let you know how that goes. Keep them in your prayers.
 Look up Elder Holland's talk on lds.orgcalled Missionary Work and the Atonement. It's amazing.
I love you a lot. 
Love Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment